Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anime lacks subtlety

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anti Weaboo

08-19-2014

Quote:
R3volver:
just watch some slice of life anime or something.

I don't think I have the willpower to subject myself to that level of torture

Furi Kuri III

08-19-2014

Lol you stole one of my smurfs names.

Kvicksilver

08-19-2014

i watched this animes called neecheejoo and it was just a bunch of random things like family guy but more japanese i couldn't find it funny

Anti Weaboo

08-19-2014

Quote:
Erockandroll:
And then I watch a real anime like Ghost in the shell, Akira, Ergo Proxy, or Elfen lied.

I watched none of those but Elfen lied. I didn't like it because it was mostly fanservice.

SlumlordThanatos

08-19-2014

The problem is that over-exaggeration is a large part of anime's appeal. Also remember that the lion's share of anime is shonen, which is aimed at the pre-teen/teenage demographic.

I like the art style, but rarely in anime do you see people act like rational, normal human beings...which is why I don't watch a whole lot of it.

Also because I use my laptop for League and my PS3 for Netflix. If I want to watch decent anime on my PS3, that means I have to pay for Crunchyroll, which I'm not gonna do.

SlumlordThanatos

08-19-2014

Quote:
Anti Weaboo:
I watched none of those but Elfen lied. I didn't like it because it was mostly fanservice.

Ghost in the Shell is brilliant, even as someone who doesn't care for anime. The fanservice is there, of course, but it's not in-your-face or overdone.

Just make sure to watch the subbed version; the English dub is atrocious.

MercsGuardian

08-19-2014

Quote:
WC3betterthanSC:
there are no scary anime cuz it's all censored, even uncensored old anime aren't that scary. Unless you're 10, you get no excitement from it.

Watch Another or Corpse Party...that sh*t is f*cked up.

MasterTerranort

08-19-2014

Quote:
MercsGuardian:
Watch Another or Corpse Party...that sh*t is f*cked up.

Higarashi too

Anti Weaboo

08-19-2014

Quote:
SlumlordThanatos:

I like the art style, but rarely in anime do you see people act like rational, normal human beings...which is why I don't watch a whole lot of it.

My biggest issue with anime^

I enjoy at least some realism.

WC3betterthanSC

08-19-2014

Quote:
Anti Weaboo:
I've told people this before. People till do things meant for children like play yugioh or pokemon, watch my little pony or anime

its kind of disgusting and makes me think they may be closet pedophiles

Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't for children, if you actually played the game you'd see this game, even though it's simple at it's core, has very complex rulings.