Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


The Problem that is Runnan's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KMannnnn1

Senior Member

08-19-2014

[alphabeta1812;49425680]It's actually not a bad item on certain adc's who have on hit effects that dont benefit from crit as well, particularly kog maw. Here's a chart of damages with runnans vs standard builds if you want to see the actual numbers.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...hlight=runnans (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4795746&highlight=runnans)[/QUOTE]
I don't know if you've really been able to realize this yet, but there are really only a handful of people who regularly contribute to this forum, and they've all almost definitely seen your post at this point. Stop trying to force us to accept your love of Runaan's


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsStout

Senior Member

08-20-2014

Quote:
The5lacker:
How was it made for the "wrong set of champs?" It grants AS and bonus on-hit effects. It was obviously made for champs with inherent on-hit effects and who want AS. Runaan's wasn't made for the wrong champs, idiots just keep using it on the wrong champs.

At the moment there's absolutely nothing wrong with Runaan's. It does exactly what it was intended to do.


And you know the number of Melee champs who would buy this? In a heartbeat?

Warwick
Shyvanna
Jax
Volibear
Olaf
Irelia
AD Malphite
Xin Zhao
Gangplank
Nocturne
Shen



And I can only name 3 ranged champs who build this- and one of them doesn't count.

Teemo
AP Kog
AP Varus

There aren't many on-hit based ranged champs. Aren't many at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krobar94

Senior Member

08-20-2014

So you're asking for like... a melee Runaan's? Like a Hydranaan? It'd be broken and hilarious.

Quote:
I don't know if you've really been able to realize this yet, but there are really only a handful of people who regularly contribute to this forum, and they've all almost definitely seen your post at this point. Stop trying to force us to accept your love of Runaan's

I can only really name like six or seven people that regularly contribute here. It's not really counting the people that have a life and disappear every now and then, like Krosan or somebody else. I wonder how much **** we can get away with?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

08-20-2014

Quote:
ItsStout:
And you know the number of Melee champs who would buy this? In a heartbeat?

Warwick
Shyvanna
Jax
Volibear
Olaf
Irelia
AD Malphite
Xin Zhao
Gangplank
Nocturne
Shen



And I can only name 3 ranged champs who build this- and one of them doesn't count.

Teemo
AP Kog
AP Varus

There aren't many on-hit based ranged champs. Aren't many at all.

Based on your list of melee champions who "would want a melee Runaan's", I'm going to alter your list of ranged champs to a list that includes everyone with an on-hit effect.

Ashe
Caitlyn
Corki
Jinx
Karma
Kennen
Kog'Maw
Miss Fortune
Orianna
Teemo
Thresh
Twisted Fate
Twitch
Urgot
Varus

That list makes about as much sense as yours. Hell, that list makes WAY more sense than some of yours.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krobar94

Senior Member

08-20-2014

Quote:
The5lacker:

Ashe
Caitlyn
Corki
Jinx
Karma
Kennen
Kog'Maw
Miss Fortune
Orianna
Teemo
Thresh
Twisted Fate
Twitch
Urgot
Varus

That list makes about as much sense as yours. Hell, that list makes WAY more sense than some of yours.
I'm not very sure about that Karma pick or the Thresh one. Thresh's on-hit are funny, but he really doesn't work well with a lot of AS. I recommend the ol' Shiv super crit for him.

TF, on the other hand, is a total beast with Runaan's and Shiv, especially with his W(or is it his E?) passive. Surprisingly effective.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

08-20-2014

Quote:
krobar94:
I'm not very sure about that Karma pick or the Thresh one. Thresh's on-hit are funny, but he really doesn't work well with a lot of AS. I recommend the ol' Shiv super crit for him.

TF, on the other hand, is a total beast with Runaan's and Shiv, especially with his W(or is it his E?) passive. Surprisingly effective.

Karma's all about the mantra. 3 second reduction on her ult with every attack? Way more impressive than most anything on Stout's list.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krobar94

Senior Member

08-20-2014

Quote:
The5lacker:
Karma's all about the mantra. 3 second reduction on her ult with every attack? Way more impressive than most anything on Stout's list.

Yeah, but still going with the "meh" here. I'd still go for CDR and nothing but pure burst because she doesn't actually gain any form of on-hit dmg. I still think MF should be played AP, so (Hurricane Nashor) Naanshor's tooth can be ok before an ult. Ashe is meh as well, Corki? He's more caster based so I say no.

Urgot, getting dat rework soon. Can hardly wait to see all the people play him after hardly even looking at him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KMannnnn1

Senior Member

08-20-2014

The point he's trying to make is that just because a champ has an on-hit effect doesn't mean they want anything to do with runaan's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krobar94

Senior Member

08-20-2014

Quote:
KMannnnn1:
The point he's trying to make is that just because a champ has an on-hit effect doesn't mean they want anything to do with runaan's.

That does not mean I can't critique the list.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

08-20-2014

Quote:
krobar94:
Yeah, but still going with the "meh" here. I'd still go for CDR and nothing but pure burst because she doesn't actually gain any form of on-hit dmg. I still MF should be played AP, so Nannshor's tooth can be ok before an ult. Ashe is meh as well, Corki? He's more caster based so I say no.

Urgot, getting dat rework soon. Can hardly wait to see all the people play him after hardly even looking at him.

Nashor's Tooth. Everyone has on-hit damage. And it's got 20% CDR anyways.