Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xX12of12Xx

Recruiter

08-19-2014

So I just reached level 30 and played 3 games for my provisional and there was something I noticed in ranked. At the start there is "Ban" and I wondered (if I will be captain) if there are specific champs you have to ban that can advantage you? Can someone please tell me how I can use banning as an advantage. Thankyou

Wow cc nub

08-19-2014

Sorry if I don't answer to your thread. But you should not be playing ranked until you have lots more experience. Give yourself 300 normals.

And play a couple draft modes to get used to the ban sequence as well. This way you'll know how to counter, who gets to pick first, etc.

EDIT:

Just as a follow up. I know too many people that rushed into ranked and got pushed to the bottom. This can affect your morale. Practicing with a small champion pool (having a preferred lane/area as well as a couple of champs for the other lanes/area) and practicing to 300 normals should give you a good enough understanding of the game and the mechanics for those champions. You'll be able to rank up much faster.

xX12of12Xx

Recruiter

08-19-2014

Alright

I3est Annie NA

08-19-2014

Also, if you don't know who to ban, ask your team.

Idiotic monkey

08-20-2014

Bans can be very important but don't let that stress you. If you are the caption of a team, try to ban champions that are popular or really strong. Any champion that you don't like to play against feel free to ban, but don't ban that champion if he/she isn't played much. I also agree with this other post...

Quote:
I3est Annie NA:
Also, if you don't know who to ban, ask your team.

Zerru the Gerru

08-20-2014

It's always a good idea to ask your team mates about bans, at the very least ask them if it is ok if you ban (fill in the blank) since you otherwise could be crippling them if it is a champion they intended to take.

As to progressing in ranked, I would also add that it doesn't hurt to pick up a support or two and get really good at them, if you can carry with the least preferred role (at least in lower elos) it will do wonders to increase your advancement in solo queue- obviously team rank is a different story but due to the nature of your post I assumed you didn't know/ have open lines of communication with the rest of your team mates.

Hope this helps!