Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sch Berk

08-18-2014

I'v decided to quit lanes and ill start playing jungle but i just realized i have no clue what junglers do (i know they gank, they farm out from jungle monsters, they give blue buffs to mid laners etc) but what should i rly know about being a good jungler? Can someone explain me the basic stuff about it?

This is how i play when im jungle:

Walk around in the jungle killing monsters randomly ganking lanes.

I would like to know more stuffs about it like who to gank how does "counter jungle" works "counter ganking" when to do what when to farm when to invade when to do drake where to ward etc.

xJim15x

08-18-2014

im a main jungler and u just need practice .. if u wanna gank top early or kill enemy jungler if ur in blue side u start red then wraiths then blue then gank top or the jungler on his red/golem. he is prob at golem by then and just go for more objectives rather than kills .. when u get kills in lane try helping the lane to push the turret .. get wards everyback .. pink and green .. only get 1 pink or green if ur a farm jungler . then always change ur ward trnket to red trnket if u get alot of wards cuz u wont need it that much .. i recommend just playing farm junglers at low elo like yi .. just farm then kill everyone in teamfights .. ^_^

xJim15x

08-18-2014

counter jungling works when ur stronger than the other jungler/ when thier ganking a lane / if ur nunu / and if u play early junglers

counter ganking works when u know where they are , where they gonna gank and what thier gonna do ..

warding is really important for counter jungling and counter ganking and i usually pays off ^_^

MF Sage

08-18-2014

Hmmm, first of all, a lot depends on your champ.
Pretty much what you're gonna wanna do is decifer which buff you would be better off starting with.
(ex. Fiddles is definitely starting blue, Lee Sin would start red)

If you're a passive jg, then you most likely farm your jungle until you're 6. then gank.
If you're playing an agressive jg, then you gank constantly at low levels to help your team get ahead.

On your first Recall, you should be buying your Jungle item first piece and a ward or two.

ALWAYS keep your jungle warded in vital spots/ward enemy jungle.

This will help you "countergank" by knowing where the enemy jg is.

"CounterJungling" is pretty much the same thing,(note: you only CounterJungle if you have no ganking opportunities) if you know the enemy jungle is weak or position then you steal his jungle camps, and leave 1 creep so they wont respawn, this makes the enemy jungle lose exp/Fall behind.

Your objective is to help your team get ahead. Ward for them, Assist them in any way.

If a lane is losing terribly then you're most likely going to want to stay nearby incase they need help.

Hope this helped.

Mustangdesu

08-19-2014

jungle is mostly about your timing.

Jesot

08-20-2014

Quote:
Mustangdesu:
jungle is mostly about your timing.

^ This.

Also, if you know your timing, you should have a good idea of the other jungler's timing. And that's how you start to develop an idea of how/when to counter gank/jungle. Don't expect to get it right away. It takes time and experience.

Some of the good junglers will comment on their streams. You can get a lot from paying attention to how they think and how they know where other players are even if they don't have wards up.

Basic newb-style is that most junglers will start bottom and move to the top. If it's a jungler who gets a gap-closer and/or cc by level 3, he'll look to gank top after blue (blue side)/red (purple side). If the lane isn't in a good position to gank, he'll look middle. If mid isn't gankable, he'll go farm. Bottom ganks are rare early on at (semi-competent) lower levels of play.