Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

illegal bots playing dominion (2014/08/18)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iValko

08-18-2014

Long time without going to play dominion; I decided with my partner to a game and ... surprise !. 8 players were bots (3 in our side 5 on the other side) was easy to observe its algorithms as simple as capturing and remain standing in a tower and do nothing, and the election of his spells is always the same: Ghost and Heal . I took a couple of screenshots.

IMAGE 1 (http://www.mediafire.com/view/dbppk3p2ncvshvk/ilegal_bots_kass.png)
IMAGE 2 (http://www.mediafire.com/view/a1qas6o6jnk7vu4/ilegal_bots_1.png)
IMAGE 3 (http://www.mediafire.com/view/apsvs20v6w04z7g/ilegal_bots_2.png)

For your attention and time, thanks!

onyxguard22

Recruiter

08-18-2014

ive been noticing this bot problem in Chrystal scar quite a bit it seems to be the only game mode that bots can work. i havent played a domination game against real people in 3 days and ive played the mode a lot

Fancy Wolf

08-18-2014

Known problem, riot knows, theyre working on something, etc etc.

Elexandre

08-18-2014

What you really mean Fancy Wolf is, they don't care.

Fancy Wolf

08-18-2014

Quote:
Elexandre:
What you really mean Fancy Wolf is, they don't care.

Quote:
xShiroix:
Hey, all.

You're right. Bots have been a growing plague, especially in Dominion. It's something we've been working on for a while, but it's been a complex issue. Botting is like a hydra - cut off one head and two more spawn in its place. Recently, it's become clear to us that in order to tackle this issue, we have to get at the root cause, rather than just attacking the bots. Simply banning/deleting bots would be akin to cutting off a hydra's head, and we need to sear the stump so it can't regrow. We need to address the motivation for botting and punish the beneficiaries, not just the bots.

I'm sure you guys can understand that the more we talk about our plans in detail, the easier it is for botters to "level up" their game as well. So, even though we can't share our specific plans, please be assured that we are taking this seriously, and we're aggressively working toward slaying this beast.

SnuggelCuteyPoop

08-19-2014

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49419389&posted=1#post49419389

Please post here and try to get more awareness. The bots are awful today played 4 games in a row with bots now.

squirrls

08-19-2014

The good news is that the bots don't seem to be in higher ELO for Dominion so once you get out of the lower queues you don't deal with it.

falianb

Recruiter

09-26-2014

seeing more and more bots in Summoner's Rift now. About one in 4 games. It has been a month now since the last post from Riot, yet it is getting worse, not better. I am to the point I don't even want to play anymore. Not to mention, every game with bots, I seem to lag horribly. Not sure if it is just a coincidence but, I play the next game, no bots and everything is fine. 50MB internet, quad core processor, 16GB ram and I still lag??? Any thoughts on that one would be appreciated too.

FDru

09-27-2014

Quote:
We need to address the motivation for botting

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We're waiting, Riot.

KaWraith

09-27-2014

Its simple enough really... bots ruining dominion player's game experience doesn't matter to riot... it's less disruptive to Riot's interests than custom games with only bots were.

Eventually they will drop a hammer on it (season 5 launch maybe?)... but it simply doesn't inconvenience the SR experience, so why not wait and perfect their solution to be more encompassing later?

We never mattered to them, and our interests don't align as far as they can tell... why would they bother to do anything about it now?