Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do people REALLY think Islam is a Religion of Peace?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkunkaUS

08-17-2014

I love such threads on a gaming forum full of 8-12 years old kiddos.

POOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP COOOOORN

LeonDemonOfDeath

08-17-2014

Lol, I dont know where you pulled these facts from (probably your ass), but im just hoping for a red to come and close this thread anytime now.
When Muslims commit a crime, its terrorism.
When Blacks commit a crime, its gang violence.
When Hispanics commit a crime, its illegal immigration.
When Whites commit a crime, no crime the guy was just crazy.
You my friend, need to get a life and real facts.

Veracious Embers

08-17-2014

aloha

LeonDemonOfDeath

08-17-2014

Quote:
freepointzs:
This was during the battle of badr.... A WAR! MEGA DERP X2

you lied about reading the quran (I'd be very impressed if you could read and translate arabic of that degree) that you didn't even read the the 6 verses before or even the title of the surah you got it from "surat al-anfal/ The Spoils Of War. You googled some anti islam bull****, didn't do any of the research yourself and are not perpetuating bull **** online. Shame on you.

It's commanded that Muslims only read an arabic translation of the koran. I am not muslim. Therefore I didn't need to read an arabic Koran. Also the koran has a pattern with Muhhammad. He starts of with peaceful verses/commands about living peacefully with people of the book (christians and Jews). He did this at a time when Islam was just spreading and was weak. He wanted to try and convince the polythiest's, christians, and jews in that area too convert through peaceful means.

However, the moment Islam became the dominant religion in the region, we see a shift in the commands that Muhhammad and Allah by association gives. He begins to expouse the killing of every non-muslim in the area.

People of the book (christians/jews) are allowed to live as second class citizens as long as they pay a jizya (a special tax) the purpose of this was to help fund more wars to further their conquest. However this was not extended to other religions who were quickly wiped out. (one only needs to look at the zorastrians in Persia to see what happens to non-believers. The ultimate goal of Islam is as stated. To make the entire world Muslim. And unlike Christianity or another religion who might share a similar goal but expouse peaceful convertion as a means, Islam specifically states that this goal is reached by killing every non-muslim.[/QUOTE]

What are you reading? Like honestly? The Quran asks for peace, never to hurt someone, if you kill someone it is like you killed every person on earth and you will be punished for that. If you save someones like, it is as if you saved the world, and will be rewarded. Assist even if thou are enemies. Only in war are you allowed to kill, You're really whacked in the head OP. It doesn't say kill non-muslims, what you're saying is complete BS you got off a fake article in the internet. Brainwashed by the media, thats what you are. You know I see 100's of these anti-muslims thread's everywhere, and you know what I dont see? Muslims making threads about them going to kill you if you dont become a muslim.

Tyrant Zell

08-17-2014

Quote:
LeonDemonOfDeath:
Lol, I dont know where you pulled these facts from (probably your ass), but im just hoping for a red to come and close this thread anytime now.
When Muslims commit a crime, its terrorism.
When Blacks commit a crime, its gang violence.
When Hispanics commit a crime, its illegal immigration.
When Whites commit a crime, no crime the guy was just crazy.
You my friend, need to get a life and real facts.

I hate people nowadays. White people have it easy among everyone. Whatever you said is true. And it's sad ._.

You just listed from the worst to best....of things to be called ._.

Well Hungarian

08-17-2014

While my personal belief is that ALL religion is bad for humanity, there are a few things that need to be understood.

Religion itself is not evil. No religion is better than the other. It is humanity that makes religion the horrible thing it is.

I feel safe making the assumption that 99% of religious people are peaceful and do not wish to harm anyone. It is the misguided, corrupt...evil people that use religion as an excuse for their actions.

TempName4848796

08-17-2014

Quote:
Noxian Zell:
I hate people nowadays. White people have it easy among everyone. Whatever you said is true. And it's sad ._.

You just listed from the worst to best....of things to be called ._.

why shouldnt we. this is our ****ing country

Ausugn

08-17-2014

Why are so many people (mainly on GD) so quick to downvote other people who mention anything negative about religion? The vast majority of religious people are going to base decisions on their irrational religious beliefs at some point in their lives. Why is it so wrong to say that a religion is a religion of violence and discrimination when its associated text directly commands its followers to discriminate and kill? The fundamentalists of Islam in the middle east actually take their commandments literally, which results in societal chaos. Thank you OP for criticizing Islam.

[EDIT] Oh and before I get downvoted I would like to point out that I've seen countless religious threads on GD that have OP basically saying "Live and let live" and they get heavily upvoted. Clearly this isn't a matter of religious threads not belonging on GD.

Maximum Shyvana

08-17-2014

Quote:
Ausugn:
Why are so many people (mainly on GD) so quick to downvote other people who mention anything negative about religion? The vast majority of religious people are going to base decisions on their irrational religious beliefs at some point in their lives. Why is it so wrong to say that a religion is a religion of violence and discrimination when its associated text directly commands its followers to discriminate and kill? The fundamentalists of Islam in the middle east actually take their commandments literally, which results in societal chaos. Thank you OP for criticizing Islam.

I'm not against saying anything bad about religion. I'm aethist. I hate all religions equally :^)

I'm just against people blatantly spewing out misinformation out of blind, unfounded hatred because even though I don't believe in religion, I do believe in morality and fairness.

iimetros

08-17-2014

Quote:
Maximum Shyvana:
I'm not against saying anything bad about religion. I'm aethist. I hate all religions equally :^)

I'm just against people blatantly spewing out misinformation out of blind, unfounded hatred because even though I don't believe in religion, I do believe in morality and fairness.

So you're against unfounded hatred and you say you hate all religions? Noice m8