Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

All Katarina Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TyranosRex

08-16-2014

I'm looking to become a better katarina player so i am asking for Tips and tricks to dominating including combos and tips on how to secure kills with her (Because majority of the time i'm i get ks Q-Q). Also if any of you know where i could watch in-depth Kat guides i would be very thankful

TheDarknessRides

Recruiter

08-16-2014

Hey, im by no means a katarina god, but when it comes to her mechanics/builds im quite good, want to add me to chat?

TheDarknessRides

I3est Annie NA

08-17-2014

I suggest practicing ward jumping if you haven't already got it down. Also knowing when to pick her and when it's risky is a good idea too, which will come with exp. One major tip I can tell you is that unless you are really far ahead, let your team go in first. I am not saying wait until a kill is available before going in, but to let your front line become the focus first.

Wow cc nub

08-18-2014

In all honesty, look at Youtube full game commentaries of pro Katarina players. Just type something along the lines of : Katarina season 4 diamond/challenger.

- By maxing Q first, you can do the simple harass : Q
- Full harass combo once your opponent is a little hurt: Q + E + W (W gives you boots of movement speed so you can just walk away).
- Full combo (for a kill): Q + E + W + R + W + ignite (W has a short cooldown. If you want your ultimate to come out faster you can ult right away instead of W).

- Seekers armguard against an AD mid, abyssal scepter against an AP mid. Don't be scared to go in for kills but in teamfights, wait for the ultimates and abilities to be cast in order to go in. Like act as the teams "clean up" and not the initiator.

- Ward jumping is useful. Keep a spare ward (trinket) or on 3 key. Quickly press 3 + E to ward jump. Practice with a sightstone in a custom game by yourself.

alphabeta1812

08-20-2014

The biggest thing about playing kat is playing her when you can. Save yourself some losses and don't pick kat before you've seen some of their champs. when you try to go in on a team with malzahar and lulu, your window of opportunity and where you can be is terrible and things get real ugly real quick.

Another thing is to realize how well you're lane opponent does vs you. I know that in lower elo's, some players don't take advantage of you after you do you're combo. I saw you're silver this season, and i can tell you a lot of people around that elo will **** themselves when you take half their hp in one go and will back off, missing their window for retaliation. if they aren't like that however, you need to be more careful, wait for them to use an ability (cc if you plan on ulting) to go in on them so they cant trade back as effectively. Also mix up you're combo vs some champs; you can easily q them at close range, get a w from beyond auto range, then shunpo back to a minion. It doesn't do as much damage, but they cant retaliate (good vs champs like zed or fizz).

oh and about builds, I know a lot of people build magic penetration on kat, but I know I personally don't rush it (at least not haunting guise or abyssal). She doesnt have incredibly high base damages relative to other champions, so I like to get some solid ap. I usually get a dfg and sorc shoes early, mainly because the gold breakup is decent and it gives more flexibility with backs.
Oh and get health pots, lost of health pots, just not that hextech revolver.