Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Advice for Volibear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FightingIris

08-16-2014

Volibear was one of the 1st champs I started playing in ranked and I almost always enjoy playing him. I play out of the jungle and as a top lane champ. I do pretty well in the early game with him. In top lane I find he can trade and duel with any melee champs,(harder with ranged poke). I tend fall off by the end game and I usually see that his damage against champs is not that high. I love his kit and ult against 1v1 or 2v2 but in team fights I seem to get destroyed if I role in and try to do some damage.

I would love to get some advice on how others build him and what my main jobs in late game are. Is it better to be back and peeling for my adc or should I be rushing in and beating on their adc. Any advice on getting some more damage and tips on team fights would be great.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hh the thinker

08-16-2014

for voli, you want to build mostly tank to all tank. late game, peel for you adc is often better (since you are the tank of the team, if you are playing a champ that can run to the back line and quickly kill, then do that instead), but in some cases, you won't be able to peel well enough (and in those cases, you go for their back line.)