Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which champs should I bring in my return to ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

08-14-2014

I haven't played ranked in over a year. I've just gotten back into LoL, but I think my mechanics are close to back. Wondering which champs I should be working on for my return to SoloQ.

I've always been a jungle/support with adc, mid, and top being my next-best roles in that order (just never get to play top/mid. Last year, I used Zac, Vi, and Sej in jungle, Taric & Leona support, Ahri & Lux in mid because they're safe & easy, a mix of ADCs, and whatever top champs I felt the safest with.

Since I've been back, I've played a lot of Vi, just started playing J4 again (and am somehow a lot better with him now), and really haven't toyed with many other junglers since I've been playing again, but have played just about all of them in the past. I've played a bunch of Thresh support with some Nami, and MF & Trist ADC.

I like to have 3 champs in each role. Just looking for some input on the strongest and/or safest soloq champs as I prepare to get back into ranked.

The Sage

08-14-2014

Well regardless of what I say make sure you're in practice with all the champs you are going to play in ranked, of the ones you listed, the ones that are currently considered "the best" champs in their roles are

Vi, Leona, Ahri, J4, Thresh, Nami, and Tristana. All of those are very good champions, but if you're good with other champions you listed they will serve you just fine. My most played champ in ranked and probably in normals too is Diana. I know Diana isn't the bed champ, but I think she is MY best champ, without talking myself up I consider myself a good Diana, and even though another champ, like for instance Ahri, is probably a better champion in a specific role, I am much more confident in playing Diana than Ahri, and I do just fine. So play what you're good with. And you'll do good. But there are still the champs that are considered "good" as I listed above. So if you feel better playing Sej than Vi, play Sej, and so on

Toge

08-15-2014

Honestly, I would have to say that you should narrow your field of champs down to 1. Pick one and ask for that every time and if you can't get it then you can deviate somewhat. This should help you climb from whatever elo you are currently.

Vi is currently very strong and can play as tank or assassin in the jungle. Vi would be a wonderful pick to crash back into ranked with a viscious and violent victory.