Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If the Summoner Code was the Constitution, here's a proposal of the Bill of Rights

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awesome

01-28-2011

Alright, so this probably caught the eye of some people. Now all due respect to the Code in place right now, but there's some things that really could be pinpointed for players who like to work their way around the rules grammatically. That's why we need to add things, not remove what we already have.

"I'm not feeding, I want tower kill, suck suck". I mean, we all know their true intentions...

So here's just a sample of a list to add to the Summoner's Code. Because honestly, even with the leavers and griefers getting treated (which we're very appreciative of!), there's still more to be done. And simply implanting it into the game's sole foundation would create an environment in which the common problems would be greatly frowned upon, thus making the game unenjoyable for those who do the following.

Be willing to take one for the team.
1) The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. You must play well and play along well to win. If you feel like you're outmatched in a team vote, it's BECAUSE YOU ARE. Sit down and accept that, and listen to your teammates. Going off on your own, doing your own thing isn't going to satisfy them, you, your rating, or your team's nexus. Listen to what they have to say, give it a try, and if it doesn't work, offer an alternative, explaining why it'd be better.

Speak the ****ing language.
2) FOR GOODNESS SAKE. How many people that don't speak english queue up in this game and get an entire team that speaks their language as well? Communication is vital to the game. If you're pinging a path from mid to top lane and heading that way, it could mean either incoming or gank. However, these people don't understand these terms, so they assume you're coming to help, and when it's the other way around...

"OMG SUCK SUCK....NO MIA...SUCK HUEHUEHEUHUEHUE"
*Summoner has left the game*

Please, be able to communicate with your teammates. And if you don't have anything beneficial to say, don't say anything at all. It doesn't have to be nice, as long as it's helping your team. And no, calling that yi at mid a ****** isn't helping anything, either. But then again, it wouldn't happen if this would get implemented, would it?

Respect how your teammates go about their build.
3) This doesn't mean accept it for yourself. It means respect it. Don't flame them over their build unless it's Tryndamere stacking Deathfire Grasp or Magewick. There's a lot of ways certain champions can be built- ask the player why they feel that their build works, and offer an alternative if you don't think their method works. If they say that it'll get the job done, trust that it will. If it proves not to get the job done, teach them how to build their champion politely. If they don't want to accept your advice, drop it. Better to not say anything than to start a fight. A decoy teammate is 9 times out of 10 better for a team than an AFK teammate.

A LoL IQ test is required to play ranked games.
4) GASP. Yep, I said it. There should be a 20-30 question IQ test about LoL champions, roles, and other things about gameplay before a player can go into ranked games. Questions such as "fill in the champion" in a team or "here's a situation, what should you do?". It would help stop those who DON'T know how to do the basics from messing up games for those who do. And it wouldn't be hard to design...if you wanted, I could do it. You'd just have to implement it into the servers, which judging by the amount of time that's put into making this game, shouldn't take more than a day of coding.

Don't freak out about killsteals.
5) You're a team...your goal is to bring down their champions...secondly. Your first goal, obviously, is to take down their nexus, but in the path to that, sometimes champions must die too. But as long as the champion gets taken down, why does it matter? How many times do you go into a teamfight and see 2 people get away with half of a healthbar and hear the Malzahar screaming "OH MY ****ING GOSH RAMMUS, WHY DIDN'T YOU POWERBALL INTO THEM!?" Well, if you'd chill out and realize that killsteals aren't stolen as long as they're for your team, it's a positive result anyways. Oh, and did I mention that assists are counted as +1 in your KDR in ranked stats?

Unless told otherwise, hug your carry like your teddy bear when you were a child.
6) Ever get into a perfect teamfight scenario, where the other team incorrectly initiates but you can't take advantage because karthus is up top pushing a lane 45 minutes into the game? Yeah. If you were the idiot that told him to go up there, shame on you. However, if you were the smart person that said "Karthus, mid now please, we need you to help push", you probably had just won your team a huge fight and possibly the game. If you were in Karthus's shoes however, you should apologize for not hugging Singed like a panda hugs its bamboo, and promise to be there next time.

Bamboo is tasty when not shoved down your throat, JSYK.

Was a bit wordy, but I had to get that out there. There's a few more I'm missing...I've been questing all day and am braindead as it is.

TL/DR: Be a teammate, speak English, Magewick is not OK, IQ tests are needed, less QQ about the pew pew, hug your singed.

Have a great day!

-Omega

John McCain

01-28-2011

im american whats going on in this thread

Awesome

01-28-2011

Quote:
John McCain:

The irony...it's overwhelming.

logosloki

01-28-2011

Quote:
John McCain:

There is a man who is promising hope. maybe change. You should upvote him.

The Soraka

01-28-2011

i do think their should be a test in ENGLISH for ranked... also because it would keep out the ****ty Brazilians who cant read English, the ones who read it fine aren't the problem.

Hetrovono

01-28-2011

This guy has it right. And frankly I would make accounts just to bump this thread if I though RIOT wouldn't think I was cheating the referral system.

FellintoOblivion

01-28-2011

Racists

Woozl

01-28-2011

+1 for IQ test necessary to play ranked. I hate it when everyone insta-locks 4 ranged carries and expects me to do all the tanking/support. ALL OF IT.

Heliostorm

01-28-2011

Quote:
Unless told otherwise, hug your carry like your teddy bear when you were a child.
6) Ever get into a perfect teamfight scenario, where the other team incorrectly initiates but you can't take advantage because karthus is up top pushing a lane 45 minutes into the game? Yeah. If you were the idiot that told him to go up there, shame on you. However, if you were the smart person that said "Karthus, mid now please, we need you to help push", you probably had just won your team a huge fight and possibly the game. If you were in Karthus's shoes however, you should apologize for not hugging Singed like a panda hugs its bamboo, and promise to be there next time.

Do you mean hug your tank? Because you say hug your carry, then hug Singed. Singed is annoying, but I'd hardly consider him a carry.

Also, sometimes you do need to clear out lanes before going on a push, otherwise the gigantic minion waves that build up lategame can and will take out towers.

MathMage

01-28-2011

You've been beaten to the punch.

Thou Shalt Read This MFing Thread. (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=71443)

Can't resist the condon style.