Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiger or Phoenix Stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HiroshimaZiggs

08-13-2014

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to League as I just started in June. I wanted to know, what ability should I max out first for jungle Udyr. I heard he's really fun, and most games I play with one, they wreck, so I wanted to get him. Any tips on Udyr are much obliged as well.

JIRK

08-13-2014

personally, i go AD jungle udyr. This means i max my Q 1st. Thats about the only thing that is simular compared to what i know of most others do.

Others from my knowledge, will Max Q 1st and then choose 2 other abilities to max with the last only 3 since u can put 5 stacks in ur R. Most will make the 3 either W or E. W if u want to be tankier and more lifesteal and E if u want better chase and stun. People will get 1 rank in R for AoE to help better clear jungle

For me, I max Q, E, W then lastly r. I honestly dont even put a single rank in R until i absolutely have to. Why bother getting it to clear if i attack fast and hard? This way, i have the most damage/AS from my Q, with the best chase/Stun from my E as early as i can get it.

When it comes to building udyr, people usually go tankier Udyr. I dont disagree and i go a LITTLE beefy sometimes, but i prefer hard damage and sustain. but this changes depending on the enemy team and how im doing in game.

So i prefer Tiger stance!!! tho ive done Phoenix as AP and it isnt bad but i play better AD and Tiger.

Hope this game you a little help on what you want. Good luck!

HiroshimaZiggs

08-13-2014

Quote:
JIRK:
personally, i go AD jungle udyr. This means i max my Q 1st. Thats about the only thing that is simular compared to what i know of most others do.

Others from my knowledge, will Max Q 1st and then choose 2 other abilities to max with the last only 3 since u can put 5 stacks in ur R. Most will make the 3 either W or E. W if u want to be tankier and more lifesteal and E if u want better chase and stun. People will get 1 rank in R for AoE to help better clear jungle

For me, I max Q, E, W then lastly r. I honestly dont even put a single rank in R until i absolutely have to. Why bother getting it to clear if i attack fast and hard? This way, i have the most damage/AS from my Q, with the best chase/Stun from my E as early as i can get it.

When it comes to building udyr, people usually go tankier Udyr. I dont disagree and i go a LITTLE beefy sometimes, but i prefer hard damage and sustain. but this changes depending on the enemy team and how im doing in game.

So i prefer Tiger stance!!! tho ive done Phoenix as AP and it isnt bad but i play better AD and Tiger.

Hope this game you a little help on what you want. Good luck!

Thanks, I guess I'll max q first and go more ad

Wow cc nub

08-14-2014

Pheonix in the jungle, tiger for top lane. Here's why:

Pheonix has a better wave clear and is therefore better to clear monsters in the jungle (R first).
Tiger is better single target DPS and is therefore better against a single opponent (top lane - Q first).

Of course this doesn't mean you can't switch them around, it's just the preferable/optimal way to go.

MorikTheMad

08-14-2014

It also depends on your team. If your team has a ton of magic damage on it, go Q.
If your team has a ton of physical damage on it, go R.
In the jungle, either go Ancient Golem (if you really want to be tanky and forgo a lot of damage--your main role will be stunning during teamfights & doing a bit of aoe dmg with R), or Feral Flare (works with Q or R).

(With AG I'd build only one non-tank item (rarely): wit's end. Otherwise just go for things like randuins, spirit visage/bveil/locket, sunfire cape, and so on. Combine health + resists.)

With FF I usually build hybrid: wit's end, iceborn gauntlet, and max R (synergy with the wit's end shred, better in teamfights). (Also get randuins, generally don't need more MR, but if I do, get locket or bveil.)

Lammah

Recruiter

08-14-2014

R lets you farm the jungle much faster. So if you are a passive/farming jungler, go for R.

I tend to go FF if my top is a tank, otherwise AG.