Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Maximizing Damage as AD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zelnick

08-12-2014

For runes, what setup would I need to do as much damage as possible? All players start out with some initial armor, but right now I have all marks being used up on penetration and the rest of the runes are used on damage for my physical damage page. But, is that not good?

GuiltDragon

Recruiter

08-12-2014

It really depends on the champion you're playing and your matchup. Though as a general setup I use this:
9 AD Marks
9 Arm Seals
9 MR Glyphs
1-2 AD Quints
1-2 AS Quints

Zelnick

08-13-2014

I noticed you put armor in there, but notice how I said "as much damage as possible," as in the best combination of ad runes and penetration runes.

Melvear

08-13-2014

The thing is, glyphs and seals are poor in terms of return on investment when it comes to attack damage.

Having armor seals and MR glyphs allows you to stay in lane longer, or extend the duration of a fight, thus allowing you to deal more damage. In that sense, you get more damage out of the good resistance runes than mediocre damage runes.

As a rule of thumb, penetration marks are mid-late game runes, while AD marks are early-mid game ones. I personally prefer AD runes for easier last hitting, as such, I use the following runes:

2-3 LS Quints
0-1 AD Quint
8 AD Marks
1 Crit Chance Mark
9 Flat Armor Seals
9 Flat MR Glyphs

The LS Quints combined with a doran's item give me fair sustain in lane, allowing me to stay for a prolonged period of time. The CC mark is there to provide a chance for a crit in the early game, where it can be a decisive factor in a skirmish.

Zelnick

08-14-2014

ok