Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid/Support Main - Lux or Lulu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thatMarcus

08-12-2014

I'm looking to buy a new champion.

I pretty much exclusively play with a group friends but occasionally soloq.
I am usually mid as Ahri or Annie but otherwise I support.

I played a lot of Lux last week when she was free and really really enjoyed her but I struggled against mids such as Zed, Yasuo, or Kat.

I've also been looking into buying Lulu because from what I read she is strong in team fights, support, and mid. I am torn between who I should buy.

A few questions:
Who is a more viable mid/asset to the team - Lux or Lulu?
Is Lux still considered a viable support?
If I struggle against melee mids,who is the better option?

I would like to feel more useful to my team whether it be defensively or offensively. Who would you recommend?
Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated! And thank you!

Toge

08-12-2014

Lux isn't good against assassins since she doesn't have hard cc to stop their bursts (unless you are really good with that snare). If you haven't played lulu, I suggest you wait to buy and try her out as support and mid as well as top even.

As a mid lane mage, lux does more, in fact she got a recent buff to her passive making her hit harder. Lux is still a very good support. Against melee mid, your best option is to rush zohnya or get hard cc.

I have went 0/0/32 as an ap mid lane Lux. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The point is that she can do a lot of work in the right hands, but has trouble with assassin mids.

The Lord Mayor

08-12-2014

1)They are both mages with supportive aspects, but general you pick Lux if you want more damage and safety or Lulu if you want more utility and mobility. Both are viable mid laners and both have downfalls
-Lux has weak self defense mechanisms and has somewhat long cooldowns compared to most mages
-Lulu heavily lacks damage and is extremely reliant on close range aggression while being squishy

2)Lux support is as viable as Velkoz support but is essentially a weaker version of Morgana support. Sure she can shield, snare and slow but
-Her ulti provides no support and only serves as damage
-Her passive can only be self proced, thus in this sense Leona is better as a engage support
-Her slow is easier to avoid than most support slows.
-Unlike supports like Zyra and Annie her damage is insignificant mid game onwards without pure AP items

3)Lulu is definitely better vs melee mids, but once you get more skilled at the game Lux can be used effectively against melee mids. Lulu has a plethora of self defensive spells so she can easily escape and fight back effectively. However, she lacks a lot of damage and has very little kill potential. If you get good at Lux, she can be somewhat decent vs melee mids if you can land bindings-Lux hurts way more than Lulu and also pushes harder, has longer range, and more useful CC. One strategy is to grab exhaust on Lux vs engaging melee mids. The slow makes it hard to juke the binding and the damage reduction nullifies their burst.

thatMarcus

08-13-2014

Quote:
The Lord Mayor:
snip

This was extremely helpful! Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Telosa

08-14-2014

KARMA IS SUPERIOR TO BOTH.

No, really. I know that Lulu turns people to squirrels and Lux fires lasers, but Karma fires lasers, Shields/speeds up entire teams, and can kite and snare champions for her team. More importantly, Karma is one of the few INTACT poke supports who can single handedly win her lane for her ADC with no items. Karma can also just burst down an entire team with just a Spellthief and a Liandries with a R+Q,

Give her a try - you might enjoy her more than you think.