Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn's Role in 4.14?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elodin

08-12-2014

So I've recently started really enjoying Quinn as ADC (And occasional top) but I hardly ever see her played. After reading the Gnar Q&A in which Gypsylord says [In reference to Gnar as an ADC] "I wouldn't discount it as a potential off-build but I feel it won't be mainstream for the same reasons that keep Teemo and Quinn down. He's got short range in lane/when pushing towers and is forced to go into melee to reach full effectiveness."

I know Quinn's low range and ult are weaknesses of the character, but do you think she's nonviable as an ADC? I haven't had too many problems playing her, but I'm a low silver player, so I don't know how she would handle at higher ranks.

Essentially, I'm asking for advice on Quinn, currently I play her as an ADC/Fighter in bot lane, am I doing it wrong?

GuiltDragon

Recruiter

08-12-2014

Quinn is not good as an adc because she's really weak in teamfights by comparison to most adc's. Her kit is usually the opposite of what an adc needs and her ult turns her into a melee champion which is very counter productive. However she does excel at dueling and splitpushing. the problem isn't that she's weak it's just that she has no place in meta. Why play quinn when you get get more damage from Kog Maw? Why play Quinn when you can be safer with Tristana? Why play Quinn when you can duel better with Vayne?

Ryannox

08-29-2014

Quote:
GuiltDragon:
Why play Quinn when you can duel better with Vayne?

No, that's wrong. She's way too strong at dueling so Riot had to make balance her with a skillset that made her weaker in teamfights. She can beat a lot of champs in a straight-up duel if she's is not behind her opponent in terms of gold. That's why people take her top or mid, where its a 1v1 lane. In bot lane, she is too weak against the cc of the supports and is too heavily reliant on supports to start a skirmish. In a solo lane, Quinn can start a skirmish with a harrier proc without having to worry about being cc'ed (too hard) with her range advantage.

So let's talk about Quinn's role. It mainly depends on how you really build her. Build a Youmuu's and she's an assassin. Build a Warmog's and Frozen Mallet and she's a bruiser. Build a BT and PD and she's a adc. However, as Quinn u should ALWAYS build a Botrk to capitalize on her dueling power.

Sephïroth

08-29-2014

Quinn isn't "Unviable" by any means, but she is weak. If you take her bot lane, then her job is to shut down the opposing ADC Opposed to be the carry of the team and you need someone else to snowball with you in order to win the game. If you do not win the game early, Quinn's job is a split pusher as she can basically escape any engage if well warded with her ultimate, and be to any teamfight very quickly with the same respect.

If she goes top then her job is to shut down the bruiser top and split push all game. If a fight breaks out, her job is to come in an clean up because her ultimate will get her accross the map quite quickly.

She's a niche character that needs a team thats built around her, and exists in the same area as champions like Teemo(Already listed), Fiora, Vladd, Skarner, Gangplank, Yorick, Yi, and Mordekaiser are in. They work in their own respects, and can succeed in solo que but you either need a team built around it, or an opponent that just doesn't understand what it is they do well to succeed.

If you like Quinn, and you feel you actually are good with her, keep playing her. Some people will rage, but they were going to rage no matter what you did so get over it. If you play Quinn to her best ability, you can get to Mid Diamond before you actually hit a champion potential Wall. If you make it there with Quinn, then going to a strong ADC will actually make you stronger in the long run.

Remember, League is about fun not winning.