Map Vision (fog of war) in the Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMathmagician

08-11-2014

Hello all,

I play ranked TT almost exclusively, and would like to know if anyone else shares in the same map vision experiences that myself and a group of friends come across in nearly every game. Here are some examples of questionable vision happenings:

1) Caitlyn puts a trap in the brush to the right of the heal relic. As I jungle, Riven walks into the brush and hits the trap. The trap animation and sound activate, but Riven is not revealed until about 1-2 seconds later.

2) Team fight breaks out in the brush. Multiple players from each team are walking in and out of the brush. Opposing team players are randomly invisible while attacking or being attacked, despite having players in and around the brush who should be able to see them.

3) Walking into and out of the brush seems to sometimes make you invisible to the other team, even if they are in the brush the entire time.

4) Vision of spider and his cave is iffy at best. Probably has to do with his hitbox being rather small, but makes spider checks more dangerous than they probably should be.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say most of this is due to slight corners in areas (e.g. the brush before the jungle) that obscure vision. However, if there are corners that obscure vision, is it even possible to consciously use that to your advantage, or does it feel like a mistake? To me, every single time it happens it feels terrible and cheapens the experience, and there is no time when it is possible to know if it worked to your advantage.

I'd love to hear from other TT players about this, and if you think I'm wrong, that's perfectly fine and valid. Also, because I rarely play on SR or ARAM, I don't know if this is also an issue, but would love to know if it is TT specific or a wider problem.

Buddha of Death

08-13-2014

The two bushes next to the heal is a known problem. They won't get fixed for a long time probably. It is a pain in the ass.

TheMathmagician

08-16-2014

Any other players that have had similar experiences to these? If it is a known issue, or if others are experiencing anything odd vision related, we should try to report as much information as possible here in hopes that it gets Riot's attention and TT vision gets fixed. I don't mind losing a match because I got outplayed, but it feels really terrible to be beaten by erratic vision bugs.