Stuck on retrieving version info

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dikfaic

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfranz View Post
We fixed this issue and service is restored.
Basically, we made a change to our patcher CDN (Content Delivery Network - it's where we store our patch files around the world) and it borked the patcher for a few minutes. We rolled back to the old patcher CDN and everything is working properly again.
We're very sorry for keeping everyone out of the LoL. You should be up and running now.
The 404 error is no longer a problem for me but now I am getting:
Code:
01/16/2010 14:54 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
01/16/2010 14:54 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
I have windows firewall completely disabled, no ports or applications are restricted on my internet connection and it still is hanging on retrieving version info.

Edit: Wow, even though I have the firewall disabled it keeps adding exceptions to my firewall list anyway, here's a screenshot:
*******http://krogoth.org/lol.jpg********

Edit2: After lagging for a long time it finally added a third line:
Code:
01/16/2010 14:58 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
01/16/2010 14:58 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
01/16/2010 15:02 [WARNING] Unable to find package []

2 Vaynez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-16-2010

Hey Mark this is off topic, but did you play warhammer online at all? For some reason your name seems really familiar.

HolyFortress

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikfaic View Post
The 404 error is no longer a problem for me but now I am getting:
Code:
01/16/2010 14:54 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
01/16/2010 14:54 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
I have windows firewall completely disabled, no ports or applications are restricted on my internet connection and it still is hanging on retrieving version info.

Edit: Wow, even though I have the firewall disabled it keeps adding exceptions to my firewall list anyway, here's a screenshot:
*******http://krogoth.org/lol.jpg********

Edit2: After lagging for a long time it finally added a third line:
Code:
01/16/2010 14:58 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
01/16/2010 14:58 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
01/16/2010 15:02 [WARNING] Unable to find package []

Same exact problem here. Any luck?

Dikfaic

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyFortress View Post
Same exact problem here. Any luck?
nothing, I was hoping that someone from riot would respond because I posted all the info but apparently after they fixed the one problem they aren't going to view the thread again. :|

KaptainKrunch

01-16-2010

I deleted internet explorer temporary files, restarted computer, uninstalled LoL and reinstalled it. It works now!

DPSnot

01-16-2010

Fixed for me. Good job on the quick work.

Valkyrion

01-17-2010

any1 got a clue when we can expect this 2 get fixed?

VITUNMARKO

01-31-2010

this **** not work go the hell who ever mdae this bull****

NofearAngel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Same problem....Why is this happening??? update and then tried downloading again. to no success!! restarted router, restarted PC. cleared cache etc. active scripting enabled.short of deleting and retrying. this is a rubbish options as we have small bandcaps of 5gigs ect.... Guess will have to try deleting and reinstalling. this is so broken.