D&D Valoran Campaign

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mordegald

02-08-2011

Sup summoners? Got a little request I'd like to make. I'm running a game of D&D for some IRL buddies set in Valoran. They're all LoL players themselves, so I can't give away too much of the overarching plotline here lest they stumble across it. The basic idea is that they start off as militia/law enforcement in some (relatively) quiet neutral town, and build up in strength until they're fit to join the League. But as we all well know, it's a long-ass way from bopping forest wolves on the nose to striding the Fields of Justice. That means they need to go on some adventures. Trouble is, I'm a bit new to the setting myself, and while I could just fill in the blanks, I'd like to stay as true to the world as possible. That's where you guys come in.

So, what adventures might they embark on? What antics might a foursome of wandering do-gooders/do-badders get up to on the continent of Valoran? What vile foes/mighty heroes might they beat up, and what awesome loot might they steal from them? And just how many super minions will fall on their heads if they accidentally start another Rune War? Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

And if there's any interest, I could post updates on what kind of trouble the group managed to get into after each session. Whatever these knuckleheads do, it's likely to be good for a laugh.

Dracorya

02-08-2011

Well...

If you plan to have them join the League eventually, perhaps them giving a hand to a current champion would be a nice way to build some rep? I'm sure sponsership from a current champion would go a long ways.

Hotarukin

02-08-2011

As with any campaign, humanoids would make one of the most common enemies, they can also be custom-tailored to level. (Maybe hunting a criminal in their town, or outwitting the police force thereof)
Undead aren't unheard of in Valoran (as evidenced by most of Noxus, though mindless undead appear rare, beyond direct control). Depending on where they are will also have a large influence on what goes on. Pick an area and flesh it out pretty well, then move on outward, as usual

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

I always saw this as a good place to use the Mutants & Masterminds rules. We'd be hard-pressed to make unique summoners using D&D's options, I think.

The Burning Waffle

02-08-2011

Use the preexisting settings and characters we know of for encounters. For example you could have your particular dungeon contain a portal to a certain river through the summoner's rift and have Nashor be an encounter

Sepik121

02-08-2011

If you want them to really be deserving, have them fight off the Void cults that Malzahar has been growing, and maybe for the final part, have them actually descend into the Void to fight off some creature of sorts.

ipleadthefif208

02-08-2011

If I had a spell book I would

Hotarukin

02-10-2011

Also http://summoners.shurelia.com There are quite a few pregenerated characters there, and at the very least, in the case of the Sojourns, feel free to use them. I'm sure you can get a general idea of most of our characters from reading previous RP sessions.

Hotaru mostly hangs around the Institute of War (as a summoner), the Lower Provinces of Ionia (as a citizen/merchant of drained replicas (masterwork weapons and armor, at the very least), and the Academy (as a student).

For your best bet, pop into Roarchat.net and ask if anyone would like to loan you a character or two. I'm sure some wouldn't even mind -directly- interacting with your group via Roarchat if you had a computer available.

That being said... don't just grab and use. A lot of people <3 their characters and don't want them abused.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

If you want to use any of mine, hit me up on roarchat or via the in-game client and I'll help instruct you. I have both potential allies and potential villains... and some that could be both.