Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Normal Queue will ocasionally fail to bring us to Champion Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

24SevenEU

08-09-2014

First of all, if it matters, this happened on the EuW server (been confirmed to also happen on NA), it hasn't been just me and it doesn't seem to matter if you join alone or premade.

So, quite often and seemingly random, i join the Normal Blind Pick queue, i click the Accept button, however, instead of moving on to the Champion Select screen it shows the home page as if i never joined the queue.

Reproducing steps:
1- Join Normal Blind Pick queue (Normal Draft Pick and Ranked also have this issue so other gamemodes should have it too, Team Builder however doesn't have champion select so doesn't have this)
2- Wait until you are asked to Accept/Deny and click Accept
3- If the bug occured then you are put back to the home page (the client one, not the site) with the "Play" button instead of the timer displaying how long you've been in queue

The sounds are still heard normally normally and i did find a way to get back in champion select:
1- Click the Play button
2- Re-join the Normal Blind Pick queue (like said before, other queue's should have this as long as they have Champion Select, Team Builder does not show this issue) and it will show an error message saying something of the sort "cannot join queue because you are already in a game"
3- Click "Ok"
4- Click the Play button and re-join the queue again and you should be back

Side note: When i'm back at the Champion Select it doesn't show any "SummonerX has joined the room.", not even mine and i'll only see the messages written AFTER i see the Champion Select normally.

24SevenEU

08-14-2014

An update on this: It seems that if i started a Normal Blind Pick game before (this means i'm the one that clicked Start) it won't happen again. This might be reset by closing the client (logging off) and opening it again.

P.S.: By "it won't happen again" i mean until it's reset (if my suspicion mentioned above is correct - if it is, something certainly resetting it, even if it's a computer restart).

DeathGh0st

08-16-2014

This has been happening to me multiple times daily.

1.After a game is found I click Accept and it attempts to load the champion select ui but does not.
2.I hear the Champ Select music but I am left at the Home screen, or Arrange Party screen if I was with my friends.
3.I tried to go back into PLAY and find the same type of game and it says I'm already assigned to a game.
4.I can not get into the Champ Select and it eventually times out and says I abandoned the game and gives me a time penalty.

I have tried a repair and uninstall/reinstall.

Has RIOT acknowledged they know about this yet?

24SevenEU

08-16-2014

Quote:
DeathGh0st:
I have tried a repair and uninstall/reinstall.

I've had this bug before 4.14 and it's still happening so... it's from Riot's side.
Quote:
DeathGh0st:
Has RIOT acknowledged they know about this yet?

I seriously hope so, it's incredibly annoying and this is not the first thing they'd want newbs to experience.
Quote:
24SevenEU:
An update on this: It seems that if i started a Normal Blind Pick game before (this means i'm the one that clicked Start) it won't happen again. This might be reset by closing the client (logging off) and opening it again.

P.S.: By "it won't happen again" i mean until it's reset (if my suspicion mentioned above is correct - if it is, something certainly resetting it, even if it's a computer restart).

A little update on this: Seems it's actually random and does not depend on a sort of reset. Reasoning behind this:
1- Played a few Team Builder games alone.
2- Played first Normal Blind Pick game with a friend and it ran smoothly.
3- Played a second Normal Blind Pick game with the same friend and it displayed the bug.

Also, does this bug and post get any attention? It's been a week and only one other person has posted, it's been confirmed by atleast three people and frankly bugs like this one shouldn't be in a game as popular as this. Point of this little rant is because if i get confirmation that it's actually being worked on (doesn't matter when, just that it'll happen) then i'd be happy to even make a short video from clicking the Play button until i'm back to the loading screen.

24SevenEU

08-17-2014

Update: Just did a game with a friend in Normal Draft Pick and it happened again so i'm guessing it must also happen in rankeds and possibly other game modes aswell.

Crs Chillindude

08-17-2014

This happens to me at least once a day. It just happened again in a ranked this time forcing me to dodge.... I'm on NA

24SevenEU

08-29-2014

Update: It's getting worse since 4.15, before it would be back to normal with one Play>Rejoin Queue, now we have to do the Play>Rejoin Queue multiple times and hope it works.

24SevenEU

09-26-2014

Update: 4.17 is out and the bug is still up.

24SevenEU

10-04-2014

Bump, two more confirm having this bug.

LittleBoyChaser7

10-04-2014

This happens to me multiple times daily and just happened for the first time in ranked, and not only that but this time it wouldn't let me in at all no matter how many times I tried to rejoin the queue. It's INCREDIBLY frusturating and is quite frankly starting to just piss me off at this point. Its one thing when I do it in norms/blind pick and have to play whatever role my teammates don't want me to, but when the game completely forces me to lose LP for no reason it's just stupid. Riot needs to address this ASAP.