Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In-game 'freeze/lag' causing extremely unfun experience

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Litsue

08-09-2014

Same issue. Keep getting massive lag spikes. I normally sit at about 90 ping but ever since they performed live maintenance yesterday I will suddenly without warning spike to 500 - 700 and not be able to do **** but sit there and die. This is frustrating beyond belief.

Btw my provider is Comcast and live in Virginia if that helps at all but it seems like almost everyone is having issues.

Sorrora

08-09-2014

Litsue, I'm also a VA resident, I feel like majority of the issue are us East coast players...

Mereconch

08-09-2014

Bump

DebonairDeadpool

Recruiter

08-09-2014

Same problem on my computer, with a roommate right next to me not having any issues at all. My FPS stays constantly high and my Ping stays low throughout these hiccups but during the hiccups the game is completely unplayable. Can't last hit, can't tell if you're getting ganked. At some points I can't even tell if we won the fight or not until about 20 seconds afterwards.

Donk

Recruiter

08-09-2014

Seriously I have this spike issue, I've recently changed my modem and upgraded my internet and everything is still the same I have constant 2-3 second freeze/in-game lag, where the game is still playing and I can move (I can't see me moving but I know I can cause the game isn't frozen) and when it gets back into the game I'm somewhere else or fighting depending on the situation.

JasonTheWest

08-09-2014

This had been happening to me ever since patch 4.13 so i looked into it and believe it has something to do with your internet provider throttling. This video seemed to fix it for me hope it helps someone else too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMLmROqnhM&noredirect=1

RyodinWake

08-09-2014

Tried to do my promos today, first game went great, second game I was having this issue off and on throughout the entire game. I ended up giving first blood cause I couldn't move out of a bush as I watched the enemy Vayne/Nami come towards me and continued to do horribly because I'd "lag" only to find out they had engaged on me. I was support so my Lucian immediately raged at me and trolled the entire game spamming chat with "lag" and "omg riot" and rude mocking things of that nature. He ended up feeding more than I did cause he would pretend to lag out in the middle of a lane with them there or be typing **** like "stop ****ing stealing my exp" and "go afk in base" and "useless" to me instead of high-tailing his ass away from the fed enemy Vayne.

Come on Riot, this isn't cool. I'm not going to ask for a loss prevented but jesus, get people on this right away. Really put a damper on my mood, and I'm already in a constant state of depression playing ranked.

Saltbutter

08-09-2014

Yep... three games today and experienced it in 2/3.

Weetang

08-09-2014

I am experiencing this as well. My game will freeze up, everyone will still be running but in place and the health bars will move, so I can "see" what's being done, however I won't see any action being performed. I can't move during this, but I can type and interact with my team. Then after a few seconds, the game will process everything at one time and everyone will turbo around the screen and I'll see what happened over 10 seconds over a compressed 2-4 seconds. I play many other online games as well, and I have zero connection issues/rubberbanding in those games, just in LoL. It's putting quite the damper on my experience, and some of my friends in other locations throughout the country are experiencing it as well. I'm in the LA area/Time Warner Cable subscriber.

JkwanJoobz

Recruiter

08-09-2014

Quote:
JasonTheWest:
This had been happening to me ever since patch 4.13 so i looked into it and believe it has something to do with your internet provider throttling. This video seemed to fix it for me hope it helps someone else too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMLmROqnhM&noredirect=1

If this solved the issue for you, this could be the reason why we have not seen an official statement from Riot. Cable companies get very angry when companies like Netflix and Riot expose these practices. But that is just my speculation.

In any event, I would still love to see a Riot response to this. I have been having these problems for 5 days, and have done everything possible to try to fix it (including sending logs to Riot)