Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In-game 'freeze/lag' causing extremely unfun experience

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yazkin

08-09-2014

South Carolina with AT&T (ohgod) Never happened before in any game until 4.13 in LoL

Sorrora

08-09-2014

I've been having this same exact issue as OP since at least a week ago and it's ruined a couple ranked games for me as well as my experience on this game as a whole. Obviously Riot will eventually get it figured out but as of right now it's just a royal pain until they finally get around to reading this and then getting a hotfix out.

I'm on Verizon FiOS, got a new router, contacted ISP, and play all my other games without packet loss or any stutter. From what I've gathered, it is certainly within Riot. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Nairobis

08-09-2014

Yeah. I've been running into this issue alot and it's costing me games. I'll suddenly just not be able to move or cast or anything and skip ahead a few seconds and...I'm toast.

I think I'll just put down league for now until this is hashed out, because I can't stand losing games due to technical issues that are well out of my control. This sucks. :/

Nadez

08-09-2014

I am having the same issue, my ping stays around 90-100, there are no signs of network issues on my end but the game freezes and constantly pops up "Attempting to reconnect", it's ruining games, especially ranked. If you put in a ticket riot only responds with the copypasta that it MUST be on your end and that it's because of your firewalls/antivirus etc.. Guess what though, I don't have any type of security running, no firewalls, not even Defender or Windows Firewall. I am running straight into a modem so it isn't a router issue, yet they keep denying it's on their end even though ranked has been disabled multiple times in the PAST WEEK for this exact reason.

Riot, pls

DavidP89

08-09-2014

RITO PLS FIX THE LAGGG
In 4.12 i played with 80-100 ping, now with this patch i ever play with 130-180 ping

Aycog

08-09-2014

Just played a game. Was on Baron. Was about to smite. Game Froze. Unfroze 3 seconds later. Enemy team had Baron. Lost the Game. G. G.

Scythless

08-09-2014

Bump

sweetrules

08-09-2014

If Riot is seriously trying to blame us for problems on their end, they need to fess up and accept that their servers and/or client need a lot more work than they originally thought. And the new client and patcher aren't even coming for who knows how long.

Plasnaked

08-09-2014

i played earlier and my ping still hasnt gone down it seems on some matches of league i just have higher ping then other matches ill have the delay and the really high ping they did something cause im 100% sure its not my ISP

Plasnaked

08-09-2014

My Ping to like 8 diff sites are also not exp Packey loss i ran them during my games and when i lagged tabbed out to check and see if it did anything to them its something to riots servers or an error on there end there best bet is to shut down the servers and redo what ever they did leading up to 4.13