Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In-game 'freeze/lag' causing extremely unfun experience

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miralax

08-07-2014

Quote:
Plasnaked:
I undid my firewall and did an aram but im still reamining at a 93 ping i didnt have a delay/packet loss also the weird thing is when i do the speedtest it says i dont have any packet loss im having my Time Warner Cable guy come out tomorrow and if they cant find anything its rather A my Computer B a hidden thing TWC Missed or C Riot did something new and has another issue on there hands for certain providers. My next test is someone elses house to see if its my computer to make sure its not me causing the issue exp with a Default reset i did.

I have Time Warner Cable as well. I am in NYC. My internet is absolutely fine everywhere else but this game.

Plasnaked

08-07-2014

i feel ya miralax it sucks

TheRealFiregod

08-07-2014

The exact same thing is happening to me. At first I thought it was just strictly lag due to the game, but then I realized that my FPS will drop dramatically for no reason at all.

On top of that, today my ping spiked up AND my fps went down.....I was in a team fight and the game literally froze for about 5 seconds before the game came back on and I got to see myself dead and Master Yi with a triple kill.

Funny enough, I am in Dallas, TX and I have Time Warner Cable as well..... 0_o

fleshlight1

Recruiter

08-07-2014

80 average ping to 200-1.2k spikerinos starting from yesterday's dc fiasco. I have Time warner

xS0uth

08-07-2014

I also have Time Warner and it seems quite a few people having Time Warner are having this issue too... hope riot didn't do something that makes certain connections with certain providers iffy :/ I know my friends didn't experience the lag i did after patch 4.13, but they don't have the same provider as me.

Plasnaked

08-07-2014

Even on warcraft im fine its only league of legends that is having this issue im to iffy to even try my promos into gold with this issue even being a support lol

ChrisoManiso

08-07-2014

Plas, I'm running on the same ISP as you, I was wondering if I should call them out, but I'm pretty sure it's Packet loss with riot, because my ISP never gave me problems before, and I don't lag on other sites.

Miralax

08-07-2014

I'm going to call tomorrow to ***** my ISP out. I need to know if this is a League or ISP issue. I think it's League, waiting for a response from League, but Riot isn't being clear here.

Saltbutter

08-07-2014

Riot, can you do something about this bull****? It's ruining games. I'm about to get demoted because you guys can't get your **** straight.

And the fact that there's not even a server message addressing the issue is just depressing. Really? You have to know this is an issue. I'm with Cox and I get the same exact problem OP described.

If you think me whining about this is unreasonable, take a look at my match history. Went from Silver IV to Silver II in the course of barely a week and a half and suddenly I'm losing every game since this lag started. I won seven games in a row, now I'm lucky if I win 1 in 7.

Plasnaked

08-07-2014

Ya imma see whats up on my ISP end rule out the problems one by one. I have got lucky with the game i got into even with lag for the momments i was able to play without lagging into the enemy turrets lol i got my adc fed both games. Just want this problem resolved.