Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In-game 'freeze/lag' causing extremely unfun experience

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eillris

08-07-2014

Hello, for the last two patches I've been having this problem where the game seems to just stop at random times, then process everything that's happened in the last 3-4 seconds all at once.

This can happen in lane when there is no character interaction (just last hitting) but more frequently when there is character interaction. I have no idea how to fix this (or what to really call this). I have tried reinstalling to no avail... not sure what else could be done.

Feed me mcds

08-07-2014

Has been happening to me as well. Team fights are just a lot of button mashing and then you see who won after a few seconds of seeing the initiation. It's pretty bad. not fun at all in ranked especially.

Riac007

08-07-2014

Ditto here Very stressfull

in case it helps i have a qosmio x875 with geforce 670M. Too frustred at this point even try to play :Cries:

Riac007

08-07-2014

I really hope we get an answer soon

ChrisoManiso

08-07-2014

I too have a similar problem, I get a minor lag spike during thing of around 20-50ping but not enough to cause trouble, but the game freezes for 1-4 seconds at a time, often causing me to die in the process because it happens more frequently when I go in. I at first thought it was me, but when I do a speed test during the spikes, my ping and DS speed is fine. It seems to happen for a select amount of people, not everyone.

It's gotten to the point I don't even want to play anymore because I know I'll just lag.

Plasnaked

08-07-2014

for the past couple days i aswell have been dealing with this issue i normally sit around 82 Ping in New York BTW now inside games im at 93 to 104 during the game it will every min or so jump up to 125s and everything will rush within a 1-3 second period this is the only game i have been having this issue in i ran a ping test i have normal ping. I did a repeat ping test to google Ping http://www.google.com -t well i played to see if it would spike and nothing changes it only seems to be league of legends im currently doing a repair but im almost sure it will not do anything for me i removed Pando Media Booster aswell still no change i did a factory Default restore on my computer and im still not getting it fixed something has to be going on with this patch or specific people cause im having problems in ranked with this. Plz HELP HELP HELP

Extra Chromosome

08-07-2014

terrible delay and lag issues must be addressed IMMEDIATELY

xS0uth

08-07-2014

Don't worry, you're not alone. I think they refer to our issue (where everything freezes suddenly and just suddenly resumes like a fast forward after a pause) as packet loss. While not everyone is experiencing it, there is quite a handful of us experiencing it. I do hope riot also replies to the handful of us wanting just a clue of what to do. And yeah, the issue has just been occurring as of within like the last week or so. Didn't happen before 4.13 patch for me.

Miralax

08-07-2014

Seriously what is going on? I can't one good game in anymore. It's infuriating. I'm also in NY. I close everything down, plugged into ethernet, and I can't play a game without lagging uncontrollably. And then Riot puts up these alerts stating they're doing maintenance or that there are issues and then takes them down. So I'm under the impression everything is ok. Only to jump into ranked and lose again.

I was a win from my series to Plat 3 (yes, no one here cares) only to spend the last week losing games because of obnoxious spikes. My ping is 95 or so stable and then randomly spikes to 130-140 or 400/500 whenever the game feels like it.

What's going on? Is it my end? Is it yours Riot?

Plasnaked

08-07-2014

I undid my firewall and did an aram but im still reamining at a 93 ping i didnt have a delay/packet loss also the weird thing is when i do the speedtest it says i dont have any packet loss im having my Time Warner Cable guy come out tomorrow and if they cant find anything its rather A my Computer B a hidden thing TWC Missed or C Riot did something new and has another issue on there hands for certain providers. My next test is someone elses house to see if its my computer to make sure its not me causing the issue exp with a Default reset i did.