Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Very bad Lag 8/6/2014

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WickedVein

08-09-2014

I use Cox (hurr hurr) and my ping is a steady 90ms. I have a direct connection to my modem(a surfboard) and it still has the lag, so I don't think its relative to the hardware/ISP? I may be wrong though!

Quote:
Helsed:
Back to my old ISP, my ping was around 90ms to 100ms and it was perfectly playable(every registered right)

But after my Teksavvy switch, my ping got lowered to 75ms which is even better.

After few patches(don't remember which), my ping goes up to 100ms.
Later in the nights, it starts spiking between 100 to 170.

So I've decided to test without my router, it's back to his normal 75ms strangely(changed IP for some reason).
Back with router(Archer C7), it's back to the ping spiking.(back to the old IP address)

I'm using wired, no background programs neither browser and nobody is using my wireless.

So it's neither my router which I don't believe it's the issue or it's Riot's side.

HarlanFyre

08-09-2014

I've been having issues for quite a while now, at least a couple weeks. Lag out for a good 5-10 seconds, with no ping jumps. Everything on the screen just seems to jump around, minions and champions. Actions I take still go off, but it's impossible to tell the results until the lag spike ends. This results in death if there's an enemy champion near by. Every time. Has cost me a demotion and has gotten me so frustrated that I've resolved to boycott the game until it's fixed. Completely unplayable at this point.

DeluxeHero

08-10-2014

I have been lagging for 4 days now with packet loss, random disconnections and ping that stays at 170 to 500. Its impossible to even play properly; I would have to reset my router to get a new ip address so that I can have stable connection, but the problem is still occurring.

My isp is Acanac

MABdude

08-10-2014

I've been with Teksavvy for a while now, but only in the past few weeks have I been experiencing some very odd patterns with the ping I receive. Not only has my ping gone from the 70 ping from my initial switch to teksavvy (It's at a solid 90-93 now) but in the evening the ping now rises and stays at an uncomfortable 160-190 ping. I'm perfectly fine in the morning and afternoon, with an average ping of 92, but it seems right after 7:00 PM EST it starts going bonkers.

I don't know if this is due to high trafficking on the servers or what, but I have been looking around the forums for issues related to this and have found nothing. I'm confused. I'm fairly certain it's not on my end, so what is going on?

Koravel

08-11-2014

Riot servers have been absolutely awful for several weeks now. Very much considering moving on to a different game that is actually playable.

Mac and Dennis

08-20-2014

Same here Helsed and MABdude, I'm with Teksavvy(Toronto), and for the last 2 weeks roughly, the ping I'd say at about 4pm(that's just a estimate) goes up to 173-200ms making the game unplayable. In the early mornings its about 100ms. I've tried with and without my router and no fix. Nothing has changed on my end with the internet here, I've had a technician come and test the lines twice. Nothing. Other games perfectly fine at 75ms ping like it use to be with LoL.

I've completed every test given by league on the connection page. Done every task I could to make it faster, nothing. When the servers are busier my lag is so bad I can't play the game. My speed tests are super fast and very capable. Care to comment Riot? Please and thank you.

Solom0n Grundy

08-30-2014

i work 5am till 7 pm every day and i would jsut like to play my 2 games a day please fix this huge lag issue riot ranked is unplayable....

KillerPlease

09-29-2014

Yes - I keep ****en disconnecting and connecting over AND over, this is an issue that has haunted me for the past month; I'm really considering quitting this game. I always go up to 1000 ping and then slightly drop to ****en 500.

3sanninPervySage

10-04-2014

ya i been cleaning my PC thinking maybe it was that but i know its not i get lag spikes some games its a lot worse and i really does make the game unplayable i spend a lot of money on this game and its frustrating that i cant play ranked or anything because I'm lagging so much pls riot fix y we are lagging so much everygame at least 4 or 5 other ppl are lagging just as much