Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Very bad Lag 8/6/2014

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rofl Bluwaffle

08-08-2014

Im posting to see what my forms thing looks like

EdenBurning

08-09-2014

Quote:
EyeDragon:
This is happening to me too.
The game waits till the minions come than when I get near enemies it lags out my internet connection is great I don't know why it starts doing this.
Its hard to get Rengar with all these errors and whatever.
Riot fix these servers! ;~;

This is EXACTLY the **** I've been encountering for almost 4 days now. The game loads well, The shop doesn't lag, and then once I get to lane and see the enemies champion/minions The game is virtually unplayable.
  • Minions run in place
  • minions ranged shots are lagged and appear to travel much further
  • The opposing champion slows down, speeds up, runs in place, and seemingly teleports from one spot to another
  • My click actions take anywhere from one second to 12 seconds to register, usually resulting in my death
  • my health bar slowly declines when no one is in lane, only for me to try to click towards turret, only to have that action ignored. Then I see the enemy appear, and about 30 seconds later the screen grays out, I'm dead, and my opponent is csing in lane

I try 2 games a day, one in the morning and one at night (on norms now) to see if the server issues have disapated... they have not as of yet. I am about to try again.

It would be REAL freakin nice if Riot could comment on exactly what is causing this and how close they are to fixing it because their game is unplayable for a huge portion of their playerbase.

EDIT: I would like to clarify that I am on a good connection, have checked my connection multiple times and have even gone so far as to check my registry, my ports, my router, my firewall, and scan my own computer with AVG, Malwarebytes, Security essentials, and other programs to make sure nothing is wrong on my end.

I can play other games perfectly, online and off. Other Mobas work perfectly. FPS games work perfectly. RTS games work perfectly. every damned game in my steam library works perfectly.

Riot PLZ comment on what this is and how you're going about fixing it. Is it DDOS, old servers, some network issue? PLEASE tell us.

HYPERBOLOCO

08-09-2014

I can deal with my usual 170-190 ping as it's just under that point were I notice lag but im now getting 290-300 and it's impossible to play.

creightoncrn

08-09-2014

Quote:
This is EXACTLY the **** I've been encountering for almost 4 days now. The game loads well, The shop doesn't lag, and then once I get to lane and see the enemies champion/minions The game is virtually unplayable.
Minions run in place
minions ranged shots are lagged and appear to travel much further
The opposing champion slows down, speeds up, runs in place, and seemingly teleports from one spot to another
My click actions take anywhere from one second to 12 seconds to register, usually resulting in my death
my health bar slowly declines when no one is in lane, only for me to try to click towards turret, only to have that action ignored. Then I see the enemy appear, and about 30 seconds later the screen grays out, I'm dead, and my opponent is csing in lane

I try 2 games a day, one in the morning and one at night (on norms now) to see if the server issues have disapated... they have not as of yet. I am about to try again.

It would be REAL freakin nice if Riot could comment on exactly what is causing this and how close they are to fixing it because their game is unplayable for a huge portion of their playerbase.

EDIT: I would like to clarify that I am on a good connection, have checked my connection multiple times and have even gone so far as to check my registry, my ports, my router, my firewall, and scan my own computer with AVG, Malwarebytes, Security essentials, and other programs to make sure nothing is wrong on my end.

I can play other games perfectly, online and off. Other Mobas work perfectly. FPS games work perfectly. RTS games work perfectly. every damned game in my steam library works perfectly.

Riot PLZ comment on what this is and how you're going about fixing it. Is it DDOS, old servers, some network issue? PLEASE tell us.

This is the exact same problem I have been having since about 2 weeks ago. I'll also hit super hard ping spikes and just not be able to do anything in lane at all or with team fights. I tried contacting my ISP but they said it is nothing on their end. I also repaired my client, make exceptions through my firewall, opened it up in admin, restarted my router, diagnosed and TRIED to repair the wifi ( get this, it never needs repaired). It has to be the client because I can play ever other game just perfectly online including WoW, Wildstar, and Diablo 3. I don't understand why this has been happening lately but it has been dropping my hopes of ever being able to play an actually game of LoL ever again and its sad because I have donated quite a bit of money to Riot with skin and champ purchases. I just want to be able to have fun again.

Hellz Fiend

08-09-2014

Happening here as well!
What makes it all better is how they had a post for about 2 days talking about how they were looking into yet they delete the thread as soon as there done and latency issues still remain. This issue is making the game unplayable. What i think my issues is, is that i only have latency issues with SOME servers. Others are fine.
Riot is loosing money because of either low quality servers, too much server load, or incompatabilities with backbone routing companies and ISP's.

SlayerSBoner69

08-09-2014

Well 3rd ranked game i lost in a row cause packet loss came out of nowhere

Cool

DIdnt' really like being in diamond 1 anyways

Exelyte

08-09-2014

Came here to say I'm having a similar issue. I had that packet loss problem when I lived on the west coast last year. I pretty much stopped playing because of it. 3k-4k ping every single game was just not worth it. I've loved this game since invite beta but that unresolved packet loss issue finally drove me away.

Now here I am, a year later, moved to the east coast and wanting to get back into this game I know I can love and BAM 4k-5k ping making it again unplayable.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE riot, I've been playing your game for years upon years and would like to continue enjoying your product. Just make your game playable again, PLEASE.

WickedVein

08-09-2014

Also lagging like the above, played in ranked and my champion would randomly port around the lane(auto movement i assume) Its downright unplayable

Cerxi

08-09-2014

Same problem. I'll have 60-80 ping on the load screen, when the game starts I'll have 120-150, bearable, but as soon as minions get close to the enemy, my ping shoots up to at least 500, often higher. It spends the rest of the game going up and down, with no discernible pattern. My connection hasn't changed, this has only been since the 6th.

Helsed

08-09-2014

Back to my old ISP, my ping was around 90ms to 100ms and it was perfectly playable(every registered right)

But after my Teksavvy switch, my ping got lowered to 75ms which is even better.

After few patches(don't remember which), my ping goes up to 100ms.
Later in the nights, it starts spiking between 100 to 170.

So I've decided to test without my router, it's back to his normal 75ms strangely(changed IP for some reason).
Back with router(Archer C7), it's back to the ping spiking.(back to the old IP address)

I'm using wired, no background programs neither browser and nobody is using my wireless.

So it's neither my router which I don't believe it's the issue or it's Riot's side.