Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

TheGrimoires.com -- A new League fanfiction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poppy Main

08-23-2014

Holy ****. I've read a lot of fanfiction in my life, but this takes the cake.

brusque

08-24-2014

Chapter four of The Grimoires (http://www.thegrimoires.com), told from the perspective of Caitlyn, is live with music. Artwork is still in progress, and I am searching for people who might be interested in collaborating on future art. If you're interested, send me a message in game.

Here is an excerpt from the latest chapter:

The gaslamps that lit the circuit roads through Piltover had a unique way of casting shadows on the sidewalks. Caitlyn had noticed this before, but something about the realization tonight made sense to her. Caitlyn’s mother was a revered scholar of old techmaturgy and had tried to impress many of its secrets and principles onto her at a young age. A majority of these secrets she never understood, but there was a particular theory that stuck out to her now known simply as The Balance.

At the moment it came to her she felt a little self-loathing for being so closed to the fact that The Balance might actually help solve this case (or am I just that desperate?, she asked herself). Tonight it was unusually warm in Piltover, and she took a long pause from her mission to admire the fumbling hexagonal beauty of the city. Beyond the sidewalks lined with trees, the city skyline traced a silhouette that she thought looked like the spine of a glassy monster.

brusque

08-24-2014

Quote:
Poppy Main:
Holy ****. I've read a lot of fanfiction in my life, but this takes the cake.

I'm really glad you are enjoying it.

brusque

09-06-2014

Chapter 5 of The Grimoires has just been released with new music. Check it out when you get the chance! This chapter is told from the perspective of Swain and begins to explore the long and complicated history of Noxus. I've included an excerpt below. For more, head over to www.TheGrimoires.com (http://www.thegrimoires.com)

``As the stone wall closed behind him, Swain held his breath to admire the jet black darkness—for it was a different kind of shadow born from the absence of light, rather than the presence of it, that lurked here. In the artificial silence he could hear the fine sigh of winnowed bone dust, and it reminded him of the loose whispers of Shuriman scarabs as they probed through the sandy desert catacombs. Those catacombs were actually a place that he never wanted to return to, so as he released his breath he realized that he was, in fact, quite nervous. He was so nervous that he had entered True Noxus without even knowing he had done it.``

brusque

09-21-2014

Chapter 6 of The Grimoires is coming Friday, 9/26! And as always, if anyone's got any feedback in the meantime, my ears are open.

Zocoa

09-21-2014

Woah... this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.
Hope you continue it! It looks really nice so far.

brusque

09-21-2014

Thanks friend! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

brusque

09-26-2014

Chapter 6 of the Grimoires is live! This one is told from the perspective of Talon. Here's an excerpt:

``A waxing crescent stared down at him from the dark sky as he moved through the streets of Demacia, and something about the way it blinked sleepily when clouds rolled past made him feel very out of place. It was like the heavy, somnolent eye of a lizard was scoping him, somehow judging him because it knew. It knew why he was here. It knew what he was going to do—what he had to do. It knew that, if not executed in the most precise and the most perfect manner possible, that he would be responsible for ruining not just one empire, but two empires. His heart shuddered at the thought, and for a split second suicide seemed a better alternative than this goddamned mission.``

If you want to read more, here's a link to the chapter (http://thegrimoires.com/chapter/talon). The music that goes with this one is a cover of Warriors by Imagine Dragons.

As always, feedback is welcome!