Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

TheGrimoires.com -- A new League fanfiction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brusque

08-03-2014

Hi! I've just started working on a new League story. It has original music and artwork to go with each chapter, and it launched yesterday (www.thegrimoires.com (http://www.thegrimoires.com)). I'll be adding chapters on a weekly or biweekly basis. It is a work in progress. If anyone has comments or feedback, I'd be super grateful for anything. Thanks!

Reina Kissryil

08-03-2014

This is really good...an interesting take to fanfiction. I wanted to do something like this myself, but I never had the software nor time for it. Keep it up though...I'll keep reading these as you bring out more of them.

brusque

08-03-2014

Thanks! I plan to launch chapters with music and art either weekly or biweekly.

Reina Kissryil

08-06-2014

Might I ask what program you used to make this? I might do something similar, But I wanna add voice acting in my own.

brusque

08-06-2014

The site was coded by hand in WordPress. And, that sounds like a really awesome idea!

Reina Kissryil

08-06-2014

Quote:
brusque:
The site was coded by hand in WordPress. And, that sounds like a really awesome idea!

Coded by hand...that's alot of work. Good job!

brusque

08-07-2014

Chapter two has just been released (no artwork just yet, however). Also, The Grimoires is looking for artists! Check out the blog section for more details on an upcoming contest.

brusque

08-15-2014

Hi everyone:

The third chapter of The Grimoires is live with music, and art is still in the works. I have included an excerpt from the first chapter below (told from the perspective of LeBlanc). You can read other chapters and hear the music for those at http://www.TheGrimoires.com.

Any comments or feedback that anyone has about the story are always welcome. Happy reading! The next chapter will be released on 8/23, so be sure to check back in soon.

An excerpt from chapter one:
The earthen cobblestone of the floor was quiet as she passed through the cellar. For many years this was her place of refuge, a dark escape from the fracturing political table of Noxus and a respite from the other magicians of the Rose. But it was not a refuge now—in fact, it was more like a shadowy wheel of nostalgic memories that taunted her from somewhere deep inside her chest. These were memories of laughter and light hearts, the kind of images that get pressed away behind the chainmail of leadership. She had forgotten these memories to protect herself, she now realized, as she came to a star-point junction in the dark tunnel. But from what? she wondered. The darkness and the silence of the cellar crept their fingers beneath the fringes of her robe, gently suffocating her. For a while she closed her eyes and let it take her, the incredible heaviness of secrets, of war and betrayal and—most of all—of magic.

Her eyes suddenly opened, but there was only black around her. “Show yourself,” she commanded. Her words were slow and deliberate, almost beautiful.

She peered into the dark as if blind, straining to hear, but the only sound that answered was the beetle-skitter of her robe’s hem against the cold walls. The shadows lingered around her ankles for just a second too long as she moved forward into the northernmost tunnel of the junction, but she was aware of this. She did not bother to look behind.

“And why would I do that?” A voice like death rolled throughout the tunnel, coming from everywhere and nowhere all at once.

7starkiller99

08-18-2014

Add vlad in within 2 years please!

7starkiller99

08-18-2014

Do a Vlad section within a couple years please!