Konami Code

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakkeh

01-16-2010

So a lot of people know this little trick to get in while the servers are down (Although at the moment I can't manage to get a game going...) I was just wondering why there is such a thing and how it works.

AtIanta

01-16-2010

Who would matchmake when servers are up down up down left right left right b a (start)

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-16-2010

The code is here, but it only works as a brute force to the login, it can't restart the server for you if it really is down.

The Ground

07-08-2011

The Konami code was put in this game because it was made by older generation Game nerds. Nerds like me and my friends. One of them actually figured it out one day on his own just to see what would happen.

Mayobe

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ground View Post
The Konami code was put in this game because it was made by older generation Game nerds. Nerds like me and my friends. One of them actually figured it out one day on his own just to see what would happen.
This is actually a common misconception. Unlike most key-sequence cheats the Konami Code is actually a sentient computer virus which somehow comes to inhabit all video games which reach its desired level of awesomeness. Nobody knows where it came from or what it intends to do. All we know is that up up down down left right left right b a b a start.