Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[August MCCC] The Rework Lab

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctis Lunaris

08-06-2014

Think carefully for a moment how much work went into updating Yi's entire kit in his FULL rework because of how antiquated his kit was (He was one of the originals alonside Rammus and Annie)

And how much work will go into 4800 Viktor. He'll get a passive change and tiny tweaks to improve his kit's reliability.

It's harder to come up with something for 4800 tier, but they need substantially less work done. You're given a near complete champion to work with and only need to bring them in line.

Stone Age champs like Morde and Sion basically only leave you a template with it's own rules (GP without Orsnges that make it 'K is not GP. Teemo without shrooms and Global taunt isn't Teemo. Yi without Sword Boots and isn't Yi, ect.), and basically tells you to do all the work into actually make the champ.

It's easy in the sense that you're given a template and a lot of room, hard in that you're basically making a champ from the ground up and you still need to keep the essence of the champ the same/better. Even if you worked hard to rework Taric to better fit the game, you still fail because the champion doesn't feel like Taric anymore.

MiaoLong

08-06-2014

With all the energy that has been put into your analysis I am sure you can put together an equally thorough champion rework.

Zeralyos

08-07-2014

Quote:
MiaoLong:
Look, I'm only trying to be helpful by making suggestions and examples on how you two could work with the rules of the contest that you have. The contest as is set up is not up to change from discussion. The rules are not up to change from discussion.

Sorry, but that's final. Good luck with your submission, and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything clarified.

I'm alright with that. The rules are not themselves bad. But please, for the love of god change the name. It misrepresents the purpose of the contest quite a bit too much.

PandaWhistle

08-07-2014

I'll participate. I'll rework Leona.

MiaoLong

08-07-2014

Quote:
PandaWhistle:
I'll participate. I'll rework Leona.

Actually, due to various reasons I am redoing the MCCC. So hold off for a tic, please.

PandaWhistle

08-07-2014

o alrighty

0Relm0

08-07-2014

Hopefully my Trist rework is still viable, if not I can probably shift some stuff around.

Raptamei

08-08-2014

Quote:
MiaoLong:
Actually, due to various reasons I am redoing the MCCC. So hold off for a tic, please.

YOU WHAT x(

I totally didn't spend all day reworking Irelia and wasn't about to post her.

A week after I spent all day improving Eo only to watch the MACFA get cancelled.

Is this a joke. -_-

MiaoLong

08-08-2014

Quote:
Raptamei:
YOU WHAT x(

I totally didn't spend all day reworking Irelia and wasn't about to post her.

A week after I spent all day improving Eo only to watch the MACFA get cancelled.

Is this a joke. -_-

I will give you special permission to just slightly modify things and post it in the new MCCC.