I've Replicated Thresh's "Flay Bug"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ENIX BLAZE

07-31-2014

Hello World!

In dreaming about getting access to help Rito find bugs in the PBE I decided that in the meantime I might as well try and find bugs in the normal public client while I'm waiting to be accepted. One of the first ones that came to mind was the Thresh "Flay Bug" in which you use flay, but the opponent does not get knocked back.

Now, there's been some debate on what causes this, from "using flay while in mid air Q" to simply "using flay while Q is stunning them" but it seems that no one could make it happen when they wanted to... Until NOW.

Here's a Highlight video I made showing how it's replicated, and my theory on what causes it.

http://www.twitch.tv/enix_blaze/c/4793637

EDIT: Added Youtube Mirror for Mobile users

http://youtu.be/uogGD8HQjiU

And here's my Bug Report

ENIX BLAZE

Date Seen
7/31/2014 and just before you're about to kill that ADC

Versions
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 Bit
League of Legends 4.13.14_07_28_18_06
GeForce 335.23 Driver

hardware information

Intel i5 3570k 4.7Ghz
8GB 1600mhz RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 OC
Corsair force 3 SSD (boot drive, SSD CACHE ENABLED)
Western Digital Black HDD (installation folder)

Bug Description
When Flaying (E) at or near the end of Thresh's Q ability animation, the target's knock-up and knock-back is reduced until negated, increasing the closer to the end of the animation flay is activated. Knock-back is reduced first, followed by Knock-up.

Severity
Moderate

Steps to Reproduce
While using Thresh's Death Sentence (Q), Flay (E) at or near the end of the abilities animation (The entirety of it). Timing is Crucial. The E must be activated at the very end of the Q animation, but not after it ends.

Actual Behavior
The closer to the end of the animation it happens, the less and less the flay's knock-up and knock-back becomes. Once the Q animation ends, or you flay early enough in the (Q) Death Sentence Animation, the Knock-back/up CC functions as intended.

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted
I tried various ways for getting it to replicate before discovering how. I tried flaying while the enemy auto attacked, while they were running away, when they were slowed by The Box (R) while I had a shield (W), I tried doing it while shielding (W) first, then hitting Death Sentence (Q) then using Q's 2nd activation that to get my character's model to be on top of the other, in case that caused it. It wasn't until I tried to maximized the amount of time spent CC'd by waiting until Q almost ended before flaying that I got results.

Workaround
Currently, Flay before or after the pulling animation from Q. If you do it while the pulling animation ends, there's no knock back, only a slow. That is the only current work around. Or flay before using Q, so Q is easier to hit.

TL : DR Watch the Video. The ending of Thresh's "Pulling" animation causes the CC to be reduced on "Flay".

Depressed Mummy

07-31-2014

Well seeing as this is slowly getting buried and that this is a very high priority bug, lets give it a little bump! ^_^ Good luck getting your PBE account so you can find more bugs!!

Sinnirgy

07-31-2014

Wow, an intelligent, detailed post. Don't see that on LoL much. +1

ShabaHD2

07-31-2014

Good post hopefully a rioter sees this.

Achtbar

07-31-2014

I play Thresh a lot, big issue great post!

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

07-31-2014
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Wow, thanks Enix_Blaze. This is incredibly helpful. Look for this longstanding bug to be fixed next patch.

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

07-31-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Forwarded this to our QA\Design team, I hate this bug so much, hopefully it'll get fixed soon

JòJò

07-31-2014

give this guy a PBE account

GodKilleR 999

Black x9

07-31-2014

wow, good job ;D
hope to see it fixed soon.