Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Rework] Shaco, The (REAL) Demon Jester

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Little Psycho

07-31-2014

Why do this?

Shaco is one of the most underrated champion put in League, besides Poppy, Urgot, and Sion, which is why I don't want Shaco to be reworked so early, while we can mess around with what we want on Shaco. So let's get back on topic, He's very fun to play off as a jungler, waltzing around and entering risk hazards that excite players, but with time passing his kit is dying out and literally falling off at times, which is sad because will we ever have that Shaco we all fear?

I say we will.

___

What kit seems appropriate for this new Shaco?

Well, we obviously need to keep this kit very nearing to his original kit for all the Shaco players.
Help with calculations and timers on his spells would be lovely.

Passive

Backstab: Shaco deals 10%-35% bonus damage when striking a unit from behind with his basic attacks or abilities.

(As Shaco moves, he will build up backstab damage which his next basic or spell from behind will set off. Basically Shaco will deal 10% bonus damage if attacking from behind constantly, but if he builds it up, the next initial Backstab will be a big burst of damage to the enemy unit.)

Q: Deceive

Active:

Shaco will blink into invisibility and while invisible he will gain movement speed, and also his next basic attack will land a guaranteed critical strike.

(To make sure, he isn't stupidly juking pro, the cooldown must be high, but kills can reduce the cooldown of Deceive.)

W: Jack In The Box

Active:

Shaco summons a JITB in a selected location near him, same as when enemy walks near, it will go off causing the same AOE FEAR, but after the enemy unit has been feared, if the JITB is not destroyed by then, it will explode doing damage over time.

(Shaco's JITB's explosion damage would be his quick wave-clear also the it should scale off AD/AP <- I'm unsure about that decision.)

[EDIT 8/6/15: Suggested by Workshop Shaco]
Quote:
give the current boxes and HP scaling and resistance scaling and maybe even a bonus ad ratio. The Q doesn't need to be changed.

E: Two-Shiv Poison

Passive:

Shaco's basic attack reduce enemy champion's movement speed and causes the non-enemy champion units to sometimes miss basic attack. Passive will go down if his active is on cooldown.

Active:
Shaco will throw a painful shiv at a champion, reducing their speed. If the shiv is still left inside the champion, Shaco's next basic attack on the champion, he will pull out the shiv applying a bleed causing damage over time, while reducing Two-Shiv Poison's cooldown.

(When Shaco throws his shiv it will deal physical damage scaled on AD, but when he pulls out his shiv, the bleed will be scaled on AP.)

[What I mean by painful is from how Anderson from Hellsing Ultimate throws his bayonet... Maybe it looks too much? lol.]
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-06-2014/UYy6nO.gif

R: Hallucinate

Active:

Shaco causes a vision-reducing smoke if a enemy champion is near Shaco, and Shaco himself will vanish for a split second and come back with a clone of Shaco. His clone will be doing reduce damage but gaining the Two-Shiv Poison's passive and active effects. Shaco's clone will also do the initial explosion if time runs out or if it dies by an enemy unit.

[EDIT 8/20/14: The Clone can spawn where an activate Two-Shiv Poison when on an enemy unit, to pull off some strong or fun combos.]

Help with his spell timing would be lovely and suggestions in general would help, so please partake me with this grand plan to resurrect such an idolized jester.

___

What about his lore?

Well, as a suggested forum post, this doesn't need to be followed, so if you wish you Shaco's mysterious lore to be the same you may skip this part, but as for me I wish to write a lore for this monumental occasion.

As Shaco's lore was always unknown and selfishly hidden from the world, let's expose who Shaco was. Shaco was actually a powerful conjured illusion by a mighty [FEMALE SUMMONER:NAME] who was later found dead assassinated by either Noxian or Demacian, no one knows. The REAL Shaco younger brother of [FEMALE SUMMONER:NAME] deals with trials of Demacian and Noxian, building his frustration up over, causing him to go insane. Crazed Shaco literally begins getting possessed by what was the conjured Shaco's persona and in the end [FEMALE SUMMONER:NAME]'s younger brother Shaco, actually becomes the Demon Jester in the league as we all know.

Why do this to his lore?

I wondered what happened if we turned Shaco into tragic character for the League, and something RIOT could use to bring back the Demacian and Noxian conflict further back into the spotlight for league. because as people play League, I feel like no one understands who the champions are anymore, and especially Shaco who is completely unknown, but remember this lore doesn't need to be followed, it's only here as a fan suggestion.

___

Wow, I really would like to help! How can I?
Whoa! If you really want to help, type your suggestion in this forum thread (or ask a RIOT employee to look at this thread LOL!), you should also try adding me also on the NA Region. I will also make a list below for what will be needed for this new Shaco.

What is needed! (or wanted!) for this forum thread!
  • Art Design for Shaco and his JITB: Maybe a more Psycho Clown design for his default skin (maybe make his default skin a Classic/Traditional Skin like Sejuani and Trundle.).
  • Spell Calculation and Timing Needed!
  • Fun Hidden interactions? Maybe.

___

Also suggested functions for Shaco

This here is just to a fun thing I as a person would like to see if possible. it would be fun to see Shaco idle, taunt, joke, or even recall animation to be like Alexander Anderson from Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate. Shaco would pose his shivs like how Anderson would pose his bayonets.
Here would be a few examples:
  • http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/angagaur/scan0001altered.jpg
  • http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111153770/3745866-tumblr_lt5yde1bh91r4oye7o1_1280-1-.png
  • http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3415609/alexander-anderson-o.gif

___

So here on out, these all are my ideas for such a crazy psycho demon jester. I hope you had fun reading this post like I did writing this post! I tried to keep his kit to something simple, but strong and it would mean everything to have a RIOT employee take a peek at this!

Sgt Oreos

07-31-2014

I have some hesitations about some of the abilities. His e is op. It needs to be lowered slightly. Rather than the cd being fully restored it needs to just be restored slightly so that later in a teamfight/fight he can use it again but not just be able to throw it over and over again. Or maybe it could do what you said but he can only do it twice every 15 or so seconds. Also a lot of these changes dont help his late game where he is lacking and his early game which needs nerfs. The passive is good but I would say not to go as high as 50% of an increase and more like going 10 below and above how it is now. Plus, I noticed that it said that it also activates with abilities and that isnt a good idea considering how his e works with your buffs.

A Little Psycho

07-31-2014

Quote:
Sgt Oreos:
I have some hesitations about some of the abilities. His e is op. It needs to be lowered slightly. Rather than the cd being fully restored it needs to just be restored slightly so that later in a teamfight/fight he can use it again but not just be able to throw it over and over again. Or maybe it could do what you said but he can only do it twice every 15 or so seconds. Also a lot of these changes dont help his late game where he is lacking and his early game which needs nerfs. The passive is good but I would say not to go as high as 50% of an increase and more like going 10 below and above how it is now. Plus, I noticed that it said that it also activates with abilities and that isnt a good idea considering how his e works with your buffs.

In response, I did find his E maybe to be too powerful, so I was thinking of just resetting the cooldown reduction of the ability.

For Shaco's Passive I wanted something that could work while he's moving, it would would help if we could find a more damage based calculation that would work his movements, also his ORIGINAL passive actually does prox on his spells also.

A Little Psycho

08-01-2014

Anyone know any good artists?

A Little Psycho

08-01-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFvW3yLlWcs

Anyone think they should do this as a laugh interaction?

A Little Psycho

08-01-2014

Concept Art soon to come!

A Little Psycho

08-05-2014

Bump

Workshop Shaco

08-05-2014

Make his e apply the debuff to minions/monsters every 3 auto attacks, removing the RNG from it. The E active is perfect, well done on that. I don't really like the box changes though, a much better idea would be to give the current boxes and HP scaling and resistance scaling and maybe even a bonus ad ratio. The Q doesn't need to be changed. I really like the lore and the ultimate changes though.

Edit: Passive should stay as it is now.

Edit 2: I actually like your passive idea now that I think about it.

Edit 3: I am bad at making solidified posts, but the reason I don't like the boxes is because the current boxes let you take towers faster than a fed jax.

Workshop Shaco

08-05-2014

One of the best if not the best reworks posted on forums though.

Mrs Shaco

Recruiter

08-05-2014

notbadman