Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Builder Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoohoooo

07-30-2014

Everyone says that the times have gone down, but I just waited ten minutes as captain and not one jungler even came into the game. It wasn't that they hit decline, it was that they didn't come in period.

I eventually said forget it and just went to blind pick and got a match in 30 seconds. It was first time being captain and frankly it was annoying and off putting for the whole experience... I am hoping this isn't a normal test case.

Zet38

07-30-2014

I have to agree with I Am Tolan about being able to invite/kick players after you start to search for the solo queue players. This is really annoying because I could get 3 people in the lobby then my friend wants to join, so I have to exit out and search for more people which wastes more time.

Gavran

Recruiter

07-30-2014

Quote:
Lyte:
Are you still interested in a Team Builder take on Ranked Modes (perhaps, without selecting a Champion)?

Yes, desperately. I think you need to do something about ranked stats / runes & masteries / match history visibility before ever letting players in ranked kick each other. Maybe even remove the kick feature from it entirely, or go with a Summoner 1-5 thing like you do for enemy teams now. Frankly I'm sure your people have put more thought into that than I have, but what I can tell you is that I'd play far more ranked games if people could consistently get the role they feel they should be ranked in.

Regarding passive waiting vs active waiting, a captain has to take the responsibility to watch the lobby and I think that's fine, because that's part of the appeal of being a captain. What you could do though is provide a different tier of notification for different things so people can choose what level of participation they want with the waiting.

E.g.

Someone chats - play a sound.
A potential match is found - flash the taskbar button.
Your team is full - focus the window.

That way, even a captain can opt out of paying attention to chat if they choose to, but someone who doesn't care about anything other than playing can ignore everything that isn't "it's time to hit ready now."

indivez

07-30-2014

Pre finding teammates without selecting any champs for ranked would be really cool. It would make a better ranking environment where people already know where they are going and don't have to fight in champ select.

InsaneSamurai

07-30-2014

On the players calling it slow thing. I think you aren't taking into account how long it takes to find certain roles(usually support). The reason I would call it slow is because of this. The whole team will be there generally 5-10 minutes before the game even finds one support, so in these cases it's actually slower. Psychology is good and all, but not everything ends up being some sort of mind trick :P

As for Team Builder ranked mode, yes yes yes. Draft pick is neat but I'd trade it in an instant for the assurance that people are not going to ruin a game because they didn't get the role they wanted.

For extra features, I think you guys really need to implement a way for players to switch champs and/or roles after the search has started. I imagine this is difficult or it'd already be in, but it would help majorly. I've been in many games where the team would be perfect if I could just change my champ or role, and having to quit the game entirely to change that is a bit odd.

EpicNewbz

07-30-2014

ty

InsaneSamurai

07-30-2014

Quote:
solr panls:
I'm still relatively new/inexperienced to the game (I'm sitting at level 14). Is Team Builder something I can jump into, or should I just stick with playing Normal Blind Pick? This is the first I've really heard of this mode.

I think you have to be level 25 first before it's open to you, but I'd definitely say give it a shot once you do The worst thing apart from waiting for supports was the bizarre mismatches it would produce, and it seems as if this will be much less common now, so woohoo!

BlueMoon52

Recruiter

07-30-2014

OK I currently, and have always loved teambuilder, but there has been one thing that threw me off. I as a adc/supp main love to go into a game doing just that, and I often get short wait times when i'm alone. HOWEVER the problem arises when I wan't to do a adc & supp duo with one of my friends (which is extremely frequent BTW.) or even play with a friend at all. There should be an option where 2 people can Que up together to FIND a team, and they will be matched to a team that requires both the roles they want. This would not only reduce the amount of people making teams, but also increase the amount of people looking for teams, meaning existing teams would be created faster, making matchmaking easier.

TaNKeD

07-30-2014

8 minutes waiting on a Jungler and Top Lane - Nothing

10 minutes waiting on an ADC - Captain disbanded

5 minutes so far waiting on a Support - Time to go play ranked.

Color me unimpressed.

BlueMoon52

Recruiter

07-30-2014

Quote:
Eskimoƒo:
I instalocked in normal blinds for 4 years, I used teambuilder a few times when I really wanted to play a role uncontested
but it's a lot more faster and fun talking with teammates and making a custom team in real time

First of all: **** you

Secondly: You are the reason why we need modes like this

Third: ****, YOU