Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Builder Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anyxi

07-30-2014

Those two thoughts at the end sound excellent. Please do.

From what I skimmed of the comments, a lot of people use team builder when their friends aren't on. My friends and I actually do the opposite. We've found that building our team in team builder first gives us time to decide what we want without timer pressure, and then if we need one more it's easy to find someone who wants the missing role. We also like it because we tend to do an unconventional bot kill lane, and the random we get will see that and if they're not ok with it they can leave.

I don't think I've actually solo queued team builder more than once or twice. I usually just blind pick fill when no one is on, thought I might try team builder fill more often now.

Archainis

07-30-2014

In my experience the music in the background for team builder contributes to the active waiting feeling a lot. The way that it builds up anticipation draws your attention to the fact that you don't have a team ready to go yet. In other words, it sounds too epic for a lobby.

Also, icon rewards is currently buggend and not counting the different roles separately.

Seeker296

07-30-2014

Please do not implement team builder into ranked. There are so many reasons why it's a horrible idea. Talk about killing game depth. I'm sure if you guys talked about it for 15 minutes, you'd figure out why I feel this way.

Grif66

07-30-2014

Team builder in ranked would be 100% stupid. don't do that thats stupid

Khalibus

07-30-2014

I want Team builder draft, ranked and unranked. Select a position, maybe even ID champs you are proficient with. That would be my new go to game mode.

I just can't get into the blind pick.

AntiSkillshot

07-30-2014

Well...
Waiting for Supports still takes a long ass time...

RECOMPOSED

07-30-2014

Quote:
Izbiz:
I think if you remove normal blind mode, more people would flock to Team Builder and wait times would be reduced.

I would guess that these two player groups are being split in the queue instead of being in one place.

Normal blind is the only real way for new players to queue in league of legends, so I think that's gonna be a negative, Ghost Rider.

Wolfenstyne

07-30-2014

I would love to join you Lyte, but no Ranked option yet so it currently serves me no purpose.

Khalibus

07-30-2014

Have you given any consideration to the possibility of offering an incentive for players to queue up for the roles creating a drag on timeliness?

For example: offering an ip multiplier based on number minutes over the target average?

Offer 10% increase in IP gain per 30 seconds over 3 minutes teams wait for a role to players for queueing up as that role, and I guarantee you those wait times will fall.

Velivolo

07-30-2014

I'll be interested to see how sophisticated the new matchmaking is. Somehow I'm level 30 and only good at support, so I've been having to smurf to be matched with others on my skill level for lanes like mid, which I have very little experience with. For example, if I'm playing adc on par with a level 20 player, will I get matched down there? IDK, I can't wait to play with it tomorrow.