Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Builder Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Euphoria Rev

07-30-2014

I will be impressed with team builder when it has a ranked mode.

I want to

1)Pick My Role and preferred champion(s)
2)Find a team
3)Enter a draft mode like screen were champions can be banned but:
A) Your Team sees an icon next to your name showing your role
B) The team lead begins banning champions, but your preferred champions are highlighted so they know who to ask about before banning

It gets you your preferred role, and keeps the banning/counter pick aspect of draft-styled ranked

You can even add a feature that shows your win rate and avg stats for a specific role with this.

cmck

07-30-2014

Quote:
Lyte:
Are you still interested in a Team Builder take on Ranked Modes (perhaps, without selecting a Champion)? What about a Team Builder Co-op Mode to make it easier to bring friends into League? What's Team Builder still missing that would make it better than the Blind Pick experience?
I would like to have ranked team builder. How I see it working is queueing up for a lane without selecting your champ (or at least being able to change champs). Once you have all 5 positions filled with everyone locking in their champ after working out which champs to pick for synergy they ready up and get matched with another team that is also finished so you can see enemy team comp. You'll then have 30 seconds or so to choose your runes/masteries/summoners for the lane you will be in then it goes to the loading screen. I can see it being linked to normal ranked ladder or having its own. Maybe just test out both on live servers for a week to see how it goes. You can either have captain make bans while creating the game and make it so the enemy team you get matched with doesn't have those champs or you can just not have bans. Both seem like its acceptable to test out.

Also could you add a +1 button when the captain is waiting to accept champs. Currently those 20 sec are used to type in chat if the team wants to have say a quinn adc or wait on another adc with other players chiming in, but if the other players could just click a button to vote the captain will know what his team thinks about accepting that champ. It would at least help with language barriers if nothing else.

TaNKeD

07-30-2014

Must...get....icons....

Valenciore

07-30-2014

Love Team Builder so thanks for making it even better, Lyte!

steelblacksky

07-30-2014

definitely want to see this expanded to cover the coop-v-ai as well.

in my experience with an alternate account, in hundreds of matches there was plenty of instalock and some absolutely terrible teams resulting in less than stellar experiences with much complaining after due to things like lowbies having instalocked yi or the like amidst a suddenly all melee team, having a terrible time BOTLANE solo. or triple jungle, and worse.

not once, not one single time, did anyone say in champ select " is there anything anyone can't run yet? " or anything even close. finding someone who enjoinders "fill" during select on a more established account occurs somewhat more regularly(eg: 1140 coop match sample on established account vs 250 still sub 30 account. hundreds of "fill" calls on former, barely hitting double digits on latter. likely a learned behaviour for lubricating champ select speed by offering to reduce collisions).

when dealing with more experienced and higher level players a deeper champ pool than the free rotation, and/or a more established runepage setup for more than one job makes that slide by just fine.
for the new accounts otoh, without the same, it can get really ugly fast, and the training pattern ingrains pick your setup first and fast selfishly and let everyone else deal with the aftermath.

until a solution to this behaviour pattern being emergent arrives, seems like team builder for the coop tiers would work around such issues, especially for the newer accounts and players. tricky bit would be fast track onboarding the burden of knowledge regarding role x position so a new player could use it effectively.

Donnie NJ

07-30-2014

Ranked should be the number team builder priority

HashtagObamacare

07-30-2014

I personally feel that there were most definitely slow queue times when it came to choosing the team builder option. However, the queues were slow only for the roles that everyone in league is absolutely obsessed about, solo lanes, or carry roles. It was not a matter of there being something mechanically wrong with team builder, it was something that the community was contributing to unfortunately. I can speak for a lot of players when I say that most people will role their eyes and get annoyed when they have to play support. Which all in all, I feel that the main issue was with the choice of roles, not team builder itself. With all of this said, I can definitely agree in saying that the team builder is going to move much smoother, and the queues are definitely going to be much more balanced, obviously because there will be an MMR scan, and there will be a deeper analysis of the lane that you are choosing, on a personal level. I can always say one thing, that League of Legends hasn't let me down for much, and they always try to fix what the community feels is ruining the game. Thanks Riot!

Chaliecakes

07-30-2014

What is "Suggested players" ? I don't see any sort of extra box?

March of Dimes

07-30-2014

Thanks for the more in-depth look! I'm wondering if I could pick your brain about 2 questions though:

1) What goes into the 'suggested players' selection?
2) Regarding the passive vs active waiting, wouldn't this also have been solved by offering a queue-for-role system in the first place rather than teambuilder? Given how teambuilder already identifies you by role, has Riot changed their mind at all about a queue-for-role system and whether it enforces a meta (or whether that's something to be worried about)?

Tarreb

07-30-2014

Something I would like to see is a short delay after being matched with a team before you can press the "find another group" button if the team is incomplete, and the duration should increase each time you press it. This would attempt to create a disincentive for in-demand roles from bailing from a team just because it is not complete upon their arrival. The timer would have to persist through exiting the queue to prevent dodging the penalty.

The penalty would not apply if the team is full, and would allow for a player to queue for another group immediately. This would permit players to avoid potentially toxic situations and the like.

Here's how I envision the process:

Summoner joins an incomplete team, cannot look for another group for thirty seconds.
Summoner requeues and joins another imcomplete team, cannot look for another group for sixty seconds.
Summoner requeues and joins a complete team, can requeue immediately.