Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Builder Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweatyAnusBurger

07-30-2014

Quote:
Level100 Latias:
teambuilder on bronze/silver/gold/ even plat will be cool , but no diamond/challenger since que will take years, and is not so needed because you can can play your role without getting flamed or smthing on diamond/challenger its ok like this

bumb teambuilder bronze/silver/gold/plat

wtf

Yenn

07-30-2014

Team builder for ranked would probably be the first improvement to ranked made in four years.

RPDgAmmA

07-30-2014

@Lyte: I had randomly wrote up some ideas on Team Builder for ranked but it kind of skirted under the radar. Perhaps take a peek?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4672021 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4672021)

I suggest everyone else takes a peek as well. If it matches up what people want, maybe we can get a ranked version much sooner since we have some sort of idea what we want.

Starrow

Recruiter

07-30-2014

>still 20+ minutes

i gave up

xSlayeradin

07-30-2014

I'm curious how you would even implement this into ranked being various roles and champions for certain lanes. Counterpicking would be interesting to see in a queue like this. Would you have a queue for team captain and solo players?

I think team builder is pretty good now, even at 1800 MMR the times were low for mid lane, don't know about the other ones. Really glad you guys didn't give up on team builder, and glad that it is better for everyone to use.

Also I would love to be able to duo queue without having to be a captain. I sometimes don't play with a full set of friends, and would like to be able to queue with a friend in this kind of queue.

Lady Luck

07-30-2014

I have been attempting to find a team builder game for 25 minutes.

I initially tried with an adc and support. Mid and top were found easily and after fifteen minutes of waiting for a jungler we dropped queue and invited a third person to jungler for us.

SO we started trying to find a match with ADC, support and jungler. And it took 10 minutes to find a top laner.

These wait times are still silly.

Hyrum Graff

07-30-2014

Hi Lyte. I've thought a lot about TB and come to this conclusion:

Team builder is an excellent option for players looking to solo queue, but it ultimately doesn't fulfill its fantasy for team captains.

It feels more like Team Assembler than Team Builder.

In part because of queue times, in part because you can only turn down so many matches before you are required to wait several seconds per match, and in part because there are only basic options for roles, team captains don't have the freedom and the flexibility to run off-meta comps without inviting several friends as a premade. Even something as simple as a lane swap is difficult to do, because nobody queues for "support | top."

Here are my suggestions

• Make 'support' a checkbox instead of a role. There are mage supports, Tank supports, and traditional supports.
    As team captain, I want the freedom to choose which I am matched with.
  • Allow players to queue for 'any lane.' Additionally allow them to queue for [Solo Lane | Duo Lane | 3+ lane]
    As team captain, I want to search for the comp I want, not for a meta comp, who I'll then ask to do a lane swap.
  • Allow solo players to [optionally] select up to 3 champions they would be comfortable playing (that all fulfill the same role in a team comp). Then let the team captain choose between those champs.
    As team captain, I want to be able to pick champions who have synnergy. If I have a yasuo mid, I'm going to pick Janna support over Sona.

Syndikos

07-30-2014

Quote:
TinyKittyCatCat:
team builder for ranked would be amazing .
im so sick of players getting toxic and causing a loss before the game even begins because of fighting over lanes .

This will just make more trolls and longer Q times, I'd stop playing league if ranked was only teambuilder.

hi im randall

07-30-2014

I almost exclusively play team builder now. For a long time, I would simply queue for ARAMs unless I had 1-2 friends interested in playing a game on SR, as there are a few roles I just don't enjoy. Now that team builder is in the game, my SR games account for nearly all of my match history, with an occasional ranked game in order to stop my LP freefall. So, thanks for your continued work on the game mode, and please know that there are plenty of people who use team builder as their go-to way to play League.

I certainly support looking into adding TB functionality for ranked queues, though I admit that it is substantially more complex than normal games. However, I'd certainly rather wait a few (several?) minutes longer in order to not have to play with a Malz top, Vayne jungle, etc. I 100% believe that people being able to play the role of their choosing means they perform better, so this could be a huge boon for ranked players.

Woodyforest

07-30-2014

Quote:
the Anarchit3cht:
Ranked Teambuilder would only provide for massively increased queue/waiting times. Because not only does it have to find you a team, but it has to find you a team excluding these 3 champions that you banned. And a team that hasn't banned any of the champions you have picked.

You wouldn't prepick your heroes you just prepick your role, then you would be placed in a hero select screen. Then people would proceed to ban before you choose your hero.