Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Builder Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meshach

09-22-2014

I would love a team builder system for ranked. As has been often said, even if we're talking about just queuing 'roles' it would greatly assist in the whole lottery system that is currently implemented.

Besides, think of the data value, once you certainly know the role the player was intending to play... you can know create better expectations for gameplay honor and bans.

That said, there's the caveat of ensuring that the meta CAN shift, which means you'd need an option to queue as "new" or "custom" or "clever" or something that allows for non-standard picks.

martemyota

09-22-2014

i would just like to get on a team without waiting 15 minutes for mid or adc or even jungle at that

Khanthulhu

09-22-2014

Problem: There is still a constant deficit of certain roles in team builder.

Solution: To increase a desired behavior, add an incentive. An obvious example would be to give extra ip after the game. Maybe a flat 5-15 IP or an extra 5%-10%.

This would almost certainly increase people filling in team builder.

Banuvan

09-23-2014

Riot is done with this project guys. Just give it a rest. It was put in to appease the masses and then they forgot about it. Just like dominion and TT and ARAM.

unskilled moron

Recruiter

09-27-2014

rito pls

Densuo

09-28-2014

Just fix the bloody matchmaking. when you get a guy on your team that has 68 farm and zero completed items at the 30 minute mark in top lane and has no awareness something's wrong

Skulio

09-29-2014

Hello,

I have a great idea - I think.

First I want to say that you did awesome job with that Team Builder. I've read few comments and many summoners dont understand or imagine how much work you put in the game.
I like the game for quite some time now and I had the idea about something like Team Builder some time before it actualy happend. And I think I was wrighting about it somewhere here on the forum... but it is long ago.

Team Bulder is great for practice. Idea comes simply from the philosofy "I want to get better at my role, champion.".. and at the end to suit the team. But there is no team. I'm guessing that there is more solo que players than team players.

So "Team Base". First you rank players in teams. Lets say 100 players. Then the sistem would invite players on its own... just like soloque but you would only que as check button "I'm ready if my team needs me". Once the sistem puts together teams best players have nothing to wory about.. instead they can be proud of theyre team - they become the team. Players that are not doing well inside of the team would be kicked out by the sistem.. at some time when the sistem learns that player is not suited for the team.. lets say at the end of the season or more often perhaps? These players would now be put in new lower elo group. Every player would have a "team builder" main role selection at the profile which would be used for "Team base".

You probably see what I'm thinking about. Team Builder is getting realy good for playing for that "getting better" philosophy. That team Base would be that extention to Team Builder where every one is part of something, friendships, spectating your team playing,.. But kinda forced into playing you know. You have to be part of it. Perhaps "I'm ready for the team" should be more like, "Ticked" like "not today - 2 tickets left". Then you could make events like some important games when more players would get online and you know, playing for the team and spectating. Perhaps you could make a stream with commentators. So in a way every one would be part of a team and also your whole LOL thing.

If I think about it... you probably think about that already. I know you are full of ideas and just cant make the day long enough. But perhaps you are all too close to the action and sometimes that makes it easyer to miss the obvious.

Thanks for your good work RIOT!

FarRockBF

09-30-2014

Everyone picks top or mid lane. This has forced me to start maining support/jungler. With these I get a game within 30 seconds max.

Not sure how the matching system works though; I think I have around a 70% win rate in team builder. I've never played ranked.