Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Builder Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Beers

07-30-2014

Lyte, I've been waiting for a teambuilder type feature ever since I started playing LoL and I haven't touched blind pick since TB's release.

It's gotten to the point if you're not playing a high demand class like support you end up with endless cycle of of people joining then leaving your team unless you have a jungler and support. It's really frustrating and it takes away from the system. Me and my bronze/silver friends are waiting 15-20 minutes for a support just to have one join then leave because they don't like the ADC they're paired with.

This just ends up forcing me to play support to avoid these wait times and defeats the purpose of teambuilder all together.

Are there any thoughts to increasing the penalty to repeatedly leaving teams? I know this kind of kills the spirit of TB but anything you can do so that I don't have to support just to get a game going would be awesome.

Thanks!

Coakie

07-30-2014

Quote:
GG Beers:
Lyte, I've been waiting for a teambuilder type feature ever since I started playing LoL and I haven't touched blind pick since TB's release.

It's gotten to the point if you're not playing a high demand class like support you end up with endless cycle of of people joining then leaving your team unless you have a jungler and support. It's really frustrating and it takes away from the system. Me and my bronze/silver friends are waiting 15-20 minutes for a support just to have one join then leave because they don't like the ADC they're paired with.

This just ends up forcing me to play support to avoid these wait times and defeats the purpose of teambuilder all together.

Are there any thoughts to increasing the penalty to repeatedly leaving teams? I know this kind of kills the spirit of TB but anything you can do so that I don't have to support just to get a game going would be awesome.

Thanks!

I don't play TB because I need to pick bottom or jungle just to get in a game since it takes so long to find a support, adc, and/or jungler. I normally play blind for this reason and just spam paste the place I want (mid of course) and then instalock my spot so no one else can take it.

Xray Sierra One

07-30-2014

I'm unsure what inspired the current model of the team builder but the example that should be held in case is the SWTOR group finder. It's simple and powerful and perhaps it's best feature is that it allows you specify multiple roles that you want to play or are capable of doing. As example, if you were a Shadow or Guardian you could put in for both damage roles and tank roles and the team builder would match you to other people based upon either role and then ask you to join.

While that might be too diverse for a setting such as League, something similar should definitely be in place where you can select more than one champion or role. Personally I'd like to see it match based on roles exclusively as opposed to specific champs because that would ideally "grab and go" with players.

Similarly for ranked, doing away with the Champion specification would synergize well with the banning phase of draft mode, something that is an essential part of ranked play. I believe this would potentially eliminate fighting over roles and would build more cohesive teams with a higher overall level of skill as no one would be forced into a role they aren't familiar or comfortable with simply by the design of the team builder.

RobotRevolution

07-30-2014

Just wanted to express my appreciation to Riot for 4.13. It feels like the last few updates have been slim, but I think what really happened was that all the people working on the game were putting in time on medium- and long-term projects. We're finally seeing the fruits of those labors, and I think it'll be worth the wait.

Level100 Latias

07-30-2014

Quote:
Coakie:
I don't play TB because I need to pick bottom or jungle just to get in a game since it takes so long to find a support, adc, and/or jungler. I normally play blind for this reason and just spam paste the place I want (mid of course) and then instalock my spot so no one else can take it.

thats why i dont play blink pick, because ppls copy/paste directly mid or top

GodKilleR 999

07-30-2014

Now if only you could make it so:
1)When I click on "select champion" let me close it, I know I can just select some random champion, but it's annoying.
2)Don't change my summoner spells when a queue is cancelled.

Hydroctopus

Recruiter

07-30-2014

Yo Lyte, I just got my Assassin icon after one game. I thought it was five games?

RadMedusa

07-30-2014

Quote:
Izbiz:
I think if you remove normal blind mode, more people would flock to Team Builder and wait times would be reduced.

I would guess that these two player groups are being split in the queue instead of being in one place.

Yeah, what if you do blind pick from 1 - 24 and at 25 you graduate and have to use Teambuilder when you're 25+; you're a big kid now - pick a lane and role.

As for mixed-level groups, queue selection can be gated by the party leader perhaps.

ShadowGlaive213

07-30-2014

Is there a time range as to when the icons are available or are the going to be around until further notice?

EDIT:
Also since it accounts for how much experience you've had on the roles you lock in for couldn't you very easily fudge the system by claiming one thing but doing another?

E.G. queue as a Mage Ezreal bot lane but actually build standard marksman.

Also, does the system account for relearning champs as a result of reworks?

E.G. I've played lots of Sona in the past but I feel it will take me time to rework her, would I still get matched according to my experience with the old Sona even though she's more or less a new champ to me because of her changes?

Nato Boram

07-30-2014

Quote:
Izbiz:
I think if you remove normal blind mode, more people would flock to Team Builder and wait times would be reduced.

I would guess that these two player groups are being split in the queue instead of being in one place.

Nope, we would simply go to Draft Pick.
The weakness of TeamBuilder is the community that uses it. I had more "bad experience" with TeamBuilder than Blind Pick players ^^