Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Builder Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ConstantVariable

07-30-2014

Quote:
Izbiz:
I think if you remove normal blind mode, more people would flock to Team Builder and wait times would be reduced.

I would guess that these two player groups are being split in the queue instead of being in one place.

Thank you for bringing this up.

TinyKittyCatCat

07-30-2014

team builder for ranked would be amazing .
im so sick of players getting toxic and causing a loss before the game even begins because of fighting over lanes .

Linna Excel

07-30-2014

Lyte, is the new demand system going to show what's in demand by lane and which lanes are in demand.

It seems like it's always jungler, ADC, and Support that are in demand but the system doesn't quite show it that way.

Iripley

07-30-2014

Yes to TB for Ranked please.

Teirdome

Recruiter

07-30-2014

Lyte, could you talk about how MMR is modified based upon champ/role picked? Is it only reduced if you're playing a champ for the first few times? What's the threshold for the decrease? Is it increased above your normals MMR if you've played a lot of a champion/role?

Additionally, would you ever give the option to allow a player to choose to play against people of higher MMR? Does that put the integrity of the match at risk for the players teammates too much? One of the tough parts of learning (I think this applies to ranked more than normals) is that you're constantly matched against players as good as you. It's far more difficult to learn what's necessary to improve when you're not playing against summoners that are better than you.

Linna Excel

07-30-2014

Quote:
":
But we were also facing some pretty heavy psychological challenges, and I want to walk through what those were. Throughout the Team Builder Beta, we sent out surveys to try to quantify a player's experiences with the system. One question repeatedly came up for us: why did players rate the Team Builder experience as "slow," even when the overall time to get into a game was only one or two minutes slower than Blind Pick?

This cognitive bias is due to something we call passive waiting versus active waiting. In Blind Pick, players can often instalock and then AFK to browse a website, go to the bathroom or grab a drink. We call this passive waiting. However, in Team Builder, players have to actively wait in the lobby while the team is being formed so that they can accept or decline a player and chat with teammates. Because you are actively attending to Team Builder during the team building period, six minutes in Team Builder seems much longer than six minutes in the Blind Pick flow.

Actually you can be in it for longer than 10 minutes. I have several times. Here's the flaw in your math: you are looking at averages. Junglers, ADCs, and Supports are in high demand. If your team doesn't have 2 of the 3 filled, someone in one of those roles is just going to click on find another party and will be in game shortly. So for those players, they have a short wait time.

If you aren't queuing as one of those roles, or if you don't abuse the system, your time goes up dramatically.

Remember there are lies, darned lies, and statistics. You failed to analyze the statistics in a realistic manner. Or you just summed up the averages to make it look nice.

SteveThatOneGuy

07-30-2014

Team builder is what is getting my friend back into league. Now if only there was ranked TB

the Anarchit3cht

07-30-2014

Ranked Teambuilder would only provide for massively increased queue/waiting times. Because not only does it have to find you a team, but it has to find you a team excluding these 3 champions that you banned. And a team that hasn't banned any of the champions you have picked.

Level100 Latias

07-30-2014

Quote:
Linna Excel:
Actually you can be in it for longer than 10 minutes. I have several times. Here's the flaw in your math: you are looking at averages. Junglers, ADCs, and Supports are in high demand. If your team doesn't have 2 of the 3 filled, someone in one of those roles is just going to click on find another party and will be in game shortly. So for those players, they have a short wait time.

If you aren't queuing as one of those roles, or if you don't abuse the system, your time goes up dramatically.

Remember there are lies, darned lies, and statistics. You failed to analyze the statistics in a realistic manner. Or you just summed up the averages to make it look nice.

personaly i need like 1-4minute to find a team on teambuilder and start, its not that hard
(its true sometimes it can take longer because suppoort... but its not the end of world.. many ppls like me prefer to give more time and play what they wanna than go blink pick or ranked and forced to play somthing else)
euw teambuilder running FINE. probaly NA too because of popularity playing

Level100 Latias

07-30-2014

Quote:
the Anarchit3cht:
Ranked Teambuilder would only provide for massively increased queue/waiting times. Because not only does it have to find you a team, but it has to find you a team excluding these 3 champions that you banned. And a team that hasn't banned any of the champions you have picked.

it will have some high que some time, but for ppls like me that prefer give some time and play the role i wanna is no prob, if other ppls dont like to wait, they just can que on ranked normal mode not teambuilder, you can join on normal ranked as i said anytime
but i pref to give some time and play what i wanna on ranked
(this system wont work on diamond 3+ probaly because of popularity)
but is fine for bronze/silver/gold/plat