How To Play Teemo Effectively.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainCharisma2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

what are your opinions? I have mine and i posted it below. but also wanna know what others are doing. i dont agree with many guides that I see. what do you have success with, or what have you seen other people do that are good?

atm, i prefer ap teemo over dps teemo, simply there are better heroes if you want to dps. teemo on the other hand has 3 spells that scale with ap, especially for increasing damage on shrooms to make enemies frustrated.
but how do you build him? i would love to stack mass ap, and spam shroom all over map, but in a team fights, all u got is blinds and shrooms, so ur likely to try and kite, but the fact that teemo has a global taunt that lasts until teemo is dead, i think u have to be a bit tanky. i;ve tried to incorporate this into my play style, a tanky ap
thus lately i been running, 9 21 0, spellpen red, mana regen yellow, mr blue, hp quints, cleanse, flash and getting multiple rod of ages on teemo. i found this to be the most efficient item for teemo. more ap for shroom dmg, more mana to set more shrooms, more hp to survive just long enough. the other stats that are good is cooldown reduction and mana regen (more shrooms). other items i like on teemo are: chalice (tanky mana regen), boots of lucidity (more shrooms), and hour glass (dmg and tanky). I often try to get blue buff if noone needs, and buy blue pot from store, again mana regen and cd reduction for more shrooms.

teemo is not a carry, you will not get alot of kills, you will never own with teemo. i think the focus is to is to reduce your # of deaths (due to finite global taunt) and annoy enemy with shrooms and set up fights when they step on shrooms(should aim for many assists). teemo really shines when your are able to safely shroom their jungles. i also believe teemo is a niche, he wont work on every team, he's a 4th or 5th pick wild card imo. you'll be blamed when your team loses, you'll wont be thanked when you supported the team victory, people wont credit your strategically placed shrooms, enemymg so bad luck i ran into ur shroom, allie:lol, that wa luck, he ran into your shroom

how do u play teemo? or how do build your ap teemo? do you think teemo is even viable?
*i know alot r gonna post the dps style, the popular item build i see is stuff like malady, razors maldreds, frozen mallet. to that i'm like, i rather pick ashe mf corki ezreal then.

Azuredragon653

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma2 View Post
do you think teemo is even viable?
Nope

Eskely

01-26-2011

Oh, he's viable, he just needs a organized team, so I would recommend him more in arranged teams.
Ap/as gives solid DPS, HUGE shroom damage, and if you are organized, you can make escape paths , have insane map control etc.

Biomatter

01-26-2011

:O
Someone else who sees the light! I hate people who play AD Teemo or AD TF because of exactly what you said: there are better champions for that.

Anyways, yes, I play AP Teemo (when I can), and this is how I build him:
Fiendish Codex -> Sorc Boots -> Nashor's Tooth -> Rylai's -> Chalice -> Void Staff -> Rabadon's

Obviously this is a "best-case-scenario" build, as it has little to no survivability. When in doubt, throw in a Banshee's Veil.

SlyGoat

01-26-2011

i agree that there are way better DPS champions so you may as well focus on his mushrooms. i prioritize magic penetration and CDR over AP, though, so i'd get sorc shoes because there are so few MPen items and plenty of CDR. codex should give you all the mana regeneration you need with runes and utility mastery. i keep him out of direct combat unless necessary, let the mushrooms do the work.

teemo really needs a team that works around him to be effective, though. he's a pretty bad pick in solo queue or in a casual arranged team where you dont think about comp.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma2 View Post
the fact that teemo has a global taunt that lasts until teemo is dead,
I love exploiting this.

Valdien

01-26-2011

Quote:
teemo is not a carry, you will not get alot of kills, you will never own with teemo.
Obviously this ONE game proves this entire sentence wrong. and that Teemo is the best carry in the game with his insane cuteness!

Attachment 107399

Killpl0x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...teemoscore.png
who said teemo cannot be a carry??

also these are the scores i usually get with teemo (not in ranked though, i dun play ranked):
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...eemoscore2.png

also my build with teemo is : Nashor's tooth, Malady, Boots of choise (usually sorcere's or ionian boots), then the following 3 items:
Deathcap, Rylai's, Lich bane.

i usually get deathcap then lich bane then rylai's if they don't escape much and are not doing good enough to be a threat to you.
if they escape alot and harrass you often, then i get rylai's, lich bane, then deathcap.

p.s: ever since i bought and played teemo, i've only lost 2 matches, 1 of them was bad team and the other was cuz of leavers.

Jason Only

01-26-2011

I like playing AS + MR reduction/damage, such as Malady, Wit's End, Bloodrazor, Sword of the Divine and Lich Bane (though the game rarely lasts that long).

It's insanely fun. Far from Optimal, but great fun.

KaXaSA

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomatter View Post
:O
Someone else who sees the light! I hate people who play AD Teemo or AD TF because of exactly what you said: there are better champions for that.

Anyways, yes, I play AP Teemo (when I can), and this is how I build him:
Fiendish Codex -> Sorc Boots -> Nashor's Tooth -> Rylai's -> Archangel's -> Void Staff -> Rabadon's

Obviously this is a "best-case-scenario" build, as it has little to no survivability. When in doubt, throw in a Banshee's Veil.

ArchAngel's ?
move quick toogle works with AA passive ?

if it doesn't you got only blind and mushrooms left, how long would it take to max out a tear