Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter to malz bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

07-30-2014

Still disagree with Noc forcing AD Malz to build an incredible amount of armor. FH allows AD Malz to deal with him just fine.

But I think that's gonna just be an area where we dont agree.

GET REKT FGT

07-30-2014

Quote:
Koravel:
Diana is no longer a counter to AD Malz, at least. The counter runs almost the opposite direction.

Nah she can still counter him in both builds for her at least, all it requires is a change in build, I need to test it once more but the only thing diana needs to choose is whether or not to choose between a more sustain-like build or go for full AP/Bursty-like, care to test this with me Kor?

I haven't played Diana in a few months (read: a year prior to yesterday) though so I could be off but I think she can handle AD Malz specifically if she builds more for AS/Cleave power.

ZallKlos

07-30-2014

Can someone explain me AD Malz? How does he win lane? I can't play him at all, there is something I don't grasp. Voidling + Ult doesn't seem to kill people at all. I go like Manamun + brut + LW.

StroganMcHawk

07-31-2014

build manamune -> cleaver -> tanky

waveclear forever

if enemy gets aggressive mash face into keyboard and win fight

Koravel

07-31-2014

Quote:
Ekis the Seraph:
Nah she can still counter him in both builds for her at least, all it requires is a change in build, I need to test it once more but the only thing diana needs to choose is whether or not to choose between a more sustain-like build or go for full AP/Bursty-like, care to test this with me Kor?

I haven't played Diana in a few months (read: a year prior to yesterday) though so I could be off but I think she can handle AD Malz specifically if she builds more for AS/Cleave power.

I beat Parky's Diana on AD Malz just fine. Parky knows both champs well. Its a counter the other way. I would be more than happy to test it with you if you want.

Reviren

07-31-2014

You mentioned Anivia earlier today. Not a counter but can beat him, I guess.

Koravel

07-31-2014

There are 5 that can beat both forms. Viktor, Syndra, Brand, Annie, and Anivia.

Of those, I'd say only Syndra is a true counter to both forms.

SylianEUW

08-01-2014

Wouldn't Master Yi with QSS beat Malz? And Yasuo with QSS, yeah?

Koravel

08-01-2014

Master Yi gets his face kicked in by the AD version. Just doesn't have enough damage to outtrade Malzahar until maybe late game, and Malz can push him in way too hard.

Yasuo can stall, but he's not going to win.

Kholdstare13

08-05-2014

Quote:
Koravel:
Lol, no. Vi will get completely eaten alive by AD Malzahar. The counter is the other way, if anything.

She would have a very rough time with AP Malz as well, until she got QSS.

Can you teach me how to deal with her as AD then? Some high-level secret?

In my experience, I can never do anything against her when she swaps down. Her W lets her shred me down to nothing regardless of any item I could ever build (and she generally gets her own cleaver as well to make things worse). I would try to kite her a bit and let the voidlings do the work, but she is the stickiest of champions. She's also so tanky herself, unlike other heavy tankbusters I can beat by just killing first. The fight tends to go long enough for her to double proc her passive. Her ult just feels like a better version of mine, with the added temp cc immune, one-way ticket to her ideal range, and getting a free smack in on my voidlings, on top of the actual CC being uncleansable.

How do you keep such a juggernaut of tank-shredding power under control?

Quote:
Koravel:
Master Yi gets his face kicked in by the AD version. Just doesn't have enough damage to outtrade Malzahar until maybe late game, and Malz can push him in way too hard.

Yasuo can stall, but he's not going to win.

I've never been against a Yi, but wouldn't his alpha strike continuously 1-shot your voidlings (with its bonus minion damage)? Especially with his ability to spam it every second or two after CDR and some AS.