Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gnar in the Crystal Scar...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penteano

07-29-2014

What you guys preview (if it's not too early)?
Looks like you can't control his tranformations, I saw that in a comment. don't know if true.

Adori Vita Vis

07-29-2014

Looks exactly like a better Shyvana with better escape/gap closer and it generates rage with each hit and can transform (maybe automatically) and then abilities drain the rage. I hope that isn't the case but looks like.

wolferer

07-29-2014

I'm not sure I see the Shyvana connection except that they both transform into big bad beasts. Their kits are very different.

Mini Gnar is a mobile champion with range and some poke. Makes me think of Quinn's human form. Then Mega Gnar is a slow lumbering CC machine, sort of like Alistar. The two sides are very different, and both are roles that are nice to have. Poke/mobility is nice when playing around points or hopping through the jungle, and then the big team fight jump everyone mode is good when people decide it's time to fight.

He's an AD fighter/tank, has %health damage and good mobility, has cc, has range. He looks like he'll work great in Dominion.

And he super cute. Mega Gnar go away plz.

Fancy Wolf

07-29-2014

His ult + Dominions ****ty walls = Free teamfights

Quote:
wolferer:

And he super cute. Mega Gnar go away plz.

Also this x10000

I SAW THE SPLASH AND LITERALLY DAWWWDD

Rachael Passive

07-29-2014

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
His ult + Dominions ****ty walls = Free teamfights

Also this x10000

I SAW THE SPLASH AND LITERALLY DAWWWDD

but I thought all yordles must die fancy :P

konfetarius

07-29-2014

There is no earthly way this abomination is making it out of PBE without being olaf'd.

And yes, his ultimate is ridiculous in Dominion. If anyone hasn't seen the videos, it takes all enemies in a moderately sized circle around him and poppy's them into the direction of his choice.

Hard to play, though. Boomerang isn't the fastest skillshot, half his steroid in ranged form is tied up in using his escape move, and the cooldowns are shared across his forms (though, it seems the fatty form can catch the boomerang to regenerate boulder cooldown and vice versa). His ultimate cooldown also doesn't really sync up with his transformations.

wolferer

07-29-2014

His ult form really lacks mobility (the dash on E is quite weak), so getting off a perfect ult can be tough. Also, pushing people into walls is way easier in Dominion than SR, so that probably won't be a problem with him on PBE. His ult also doesn't provide that much in the way of defensive stats. If you build glass, you'll still be glass in the ult.

I think he has some pretty serious weaknesses that make up for his strengths.

konfetarius

07-29-2014

It's a bit skill intensive to get there, but landing ults won't be that hard - the radius on that ult is substantial. Since you are likely starting any fight in midget form, you are also likely going to have the 30% MS steroid from his passive to help you move into range.

The least likely and most shenanigany is going to be timing his midget leap onto the enemy frontline for the bounce just as you are about to reach the rage cap.

MMKH

07-29-2014

Welcome to the Crystal Gnar

Romantic Metro

07-29-2014

You can't control his transformation in the sense of toggle. You build it up like renekton and shyvanna then it takes a few seconds for the transformation. He seems interesting. I like some of the ideas and the theme is... unique-ish? To early to tell where he's at. The %health sounds promising. Will have to wait till I can actually get my hands on him to try him out.