Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

bots in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maikerux

07-29-2014

Quote:
Malah:
Bots can't be any dumber than some of the real players I ran into back when I played through entry MMR.

At least real people move. Don't really want to start playing dominion then sit through 10 - 20 game of non-real people till we see real people.

HaIfhearted

07-30-2014

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
Its bad in entry level MMR once you break past that its fine.

The problem with that is that the the vast majority of new Dominion players will be turned away from Dominion by their first few games vs bots and won't actually stick around long enough to really see the fun parts of Dominion.

These bots are choking out a huge % of potential new Dominion players just by existing, and are therefore a huge problem.
"Just get out of entry-level elo" doesn't cut it, because a *lot* of people aren't willing to go through the 20-50 games of that **** necessary to just play real games with real people on a consistent basis when alternative maps without the botting problems exist, are readily available, and even have consistently shorter queue times.

Edit: I recently went on a (basically brand new) smurf, and I can attest that the botting problem is a several magnitudes of order worse than it used to be.

Like, these bots aren't even programmed to fight anymore.
They literally just run straight to a point, sit on it for a second before starting to cap, and never engage in any sort of combat at all.
And there's a LOT of them.

Its easy to get out of touch with the problems of entry level Dominion, sitting up high on our clouds of elo, but ****s bad down there, Fancy.
Really, really bad.

Adori Vita Vis

07-30-2014

maybe we should send an envoy to negotiate

PangolinExpress

07-30-2014

I looked up one of these bots once, several months after I first saw it. It had apparently been transferred after reaching level 30 and is now a Silver II Ranked SR main with only 1 win in SR Normals and many hundreds of matches in Dom.

What's amusing to me is that the new owner didn't even bother to change the name. It's still 2 words and a double digit number.

KaWraith

07-30-2014

I imagine when Season 5 launches, we will get a nice lecture from Lyte about how the law of unintended consequences means that when they killed off custom game IP all the botting folks swarmed into dominion co-op and PVP. Oops. It'll be trite, and cute for the SR folks, but in the mean time, they are strangling Dominion to death.

Worst Ali Ever

07-30-2014

Bots are showing more and more in low mmr ARAM and SR and there is a few threads about them on GD every day.

On LAN,there is no dominion,
When you level an account through SR and ARAM over there you get them in every games.
It's even worse in coop.

Now people know they can script without any risk so it almost became a common way to level an account to 30. And since riot really don't care much about other servers like LAN,LAS,BR and such it's even easier to go under the radar over there.

What a great way to keep new players playing your game riot, you must be proud.

Reviren

07-30-2014

Quote:
Malah:
Bots can't be any dumber than some of the real players I ran into back when I played through entry MMR.

They actually aren't that dumb. I had a Ryze bot in one of my games at entrylo back when I first started. The bot and I carried. It was hilarious.

Rachael Passive

07-30-2014

Quote:
Reviren:
They actually aren't that dumb. I had a Ryze bot in one of my games at entrylo back when I first started. The bot and I carried. It was hilarious.

I wish there was a video of that

HaIfhearted

07-31-2014

Quote:
Reviren:

The problem is that bot programmers have gotten lazy and/or confident that they won't be punished.

Back when botting wasn't as common, the bots had a noticeably better AI and some of them could occasionally actually do quite a bit of work due to good programming.

But the modern bots are all lazily programmed pieces of **** that literally just ignore players, stand on points, and repeatedly suicide since they'll get IP/XP regardless of whether they win or lose.

Basically, without the fear of being punished or even detected, bot quality went out the window and the number of bots skyrocketed.

Reviren

07-31-2014

The Ryze bot was actually combo'ing... Like... Gold level Ryze players don't do that. AND IT WAS PLAYING DOMINION. Legit moving around, taking jungle control, and ganking, and not just sitting on a point. All hail Ryze bot. I was amazed.