% gold per minute

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peebear

01-26-2011

I think what would be a interesting idea for gold regen builds (stack avarice blade, etc) is making an item that gives % gold per minute.

Would encourage some different gameplay, but I can also see people just picking up some of these items and going afk.

Thoughts?

gun fu panda

01-26-2011

Ever heard of compounded interest? It breaks RL economics, why would we want to introduce that to the game?

mikeejimbo

01-26-2011

Aww... I wanted to make the compound interest reference.

Peebear

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
Ever heard of compounded interest? It breaks RL economics, why would we want to introduce that to the game?
Oh, I guess that would be difficult to program :S

Bump for more responses.

huhwhat

01-26-2011

champs like tristana would benefit from items like these way too well, and would have to be adjusted for it. Not to mention what other stat could it have, and how much would something like that cost? As it stands, the 5 gold per 10 items usually have a long investment time before they pay themselves off, and the stats are more early game...something like this would need to be pretty expensive imo, therefore making it more of a late game item, which would seem to undo the whole point of it...

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotransmitter View Post
Oh, I guess that would be difficult to program :S

Bump for more responses.
It's not that it's hard to program, it's very easy.

Gold+=<Gold per 5 seconds>
Gold*=<% increase per 5 seconds>

The problem is that it would create balance issues.

Look at Morde for instance, not a very scary char.
You let him farm top with 5 hearts of gold for 30 minutes and you've got a problem.
With %gold increase he'll become a problem in 15 minutes and 15 minutes of uninterrupted farm happens a lot more often than 30.

Sturg86

01-26-2011

You mean all those times when i cant afford to B because we dont want to derail our push would now earn me hundreds of extra gold because i had enough for a triforce, just not the time?

Lina Perverse

01-26-2011

i stack 6 kage lucky picks to a support champ that cant farm from creeps(sona,janna)

with gold per minute runes and greed mastery

fun and exciting

EDIT:

UPSIDE: u dont have to farm creeps though..just babysitting your carry in teamfights and win
DOWNSIDE: AFk'ing at fountain and came back 10 minutes later with superior items

Talamare

01-26-2011

Stacking gold meta game

JRightLive

01-26-2011

So its official that ANY change will create some sort of balance issue!!! So lets not change n e thing ever because the game is perfectly balanced right now!!! This argument to not do n e thing b/c it creates a challenge when balancing is just lame... Not saying this idea is good nor bad but anytime somebody comes up with a new idea somebody always say 'This would cause balance issues'...... hurp derp