Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reserved thread: Hand-to-hand martial arts champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koichi Nagataka

07-27-2014

The only time I've seen riot take enough time to look at a hand-to-hand martial art seriously is the Muay Thai Lee Sin skin. I'm not all tat great with the whole abilities and balance thing but I'll try my best. Seeing with yasuo being created with meaningful and alternating sword strokes (though being more flashy than a logical pattern) I thought since swordplay is a type of martial art then they can also. I am going research multiple fighting stances and come up with different champions that primarily use each one or even a champion that can utilize all of them. My goal was to make champion that was intuitive and took more than a faceroll to use. High skill cap considering this as well.

Ideas:
Judo: A tanky bruiser sort of champion with either taunts. CCs. Reversals. or silences. These all seem to give the feel of a judo champ.

Karate: High AD damage. Decent movement speed. Weak engage but good defensive steroids making up for the lack of mobility.

Muay Thai: I'm really interested in this but riot sort of already gave alot of AA animations to Lee Sin's skin.

Sumo: Good engage considering the nature of the sport. Solid defense. Plenty of CC to give the feeling of a colossal fighting style. Low to medium damage. Minor knock-ups. Top/jungle/support champ. Interactions with gragas.

Boxing: Interactions with Vi. High mobilty. High damage. Different skills can be different combo punches making the champion operate based on AA. Low CC. Decent engage. Bad escape/All-in engage. Assasin/bruiser possibility. top or jungle champ. If top: defensive steroid or two help with sustain. Low AA range due to the fact of only two points of contact.

Feel free to add any suggestions. I will be adding kit concepts soon and afterwards numbers for each said kit. When those are out of the way I'll get to lore. I am doing these in no order particularly.

Koichi Nagataka

07-27-2014

First Concept.
Pugnus, The bare knuckled pugilist
Style: Boxing
Q:Jab-cross-hook
W:Haymaker
E:Sway/Duck
R:

noobatallgames

08-08-2014

the ult rising upper cut

Lysejack

08-08-2014

Guys. H2H combat is more than karate, muay Thai, judo, and sumo.
I'm a MMA royal court martial artist black belt. So yea, so sword, staff, short stick, kama, nunchuks, and honestly, 90% if the Ionian champs are martial artists; so wake up, before I go woop ass with my pole arm.
Llorkier - the wuju alcolyte
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4640560&highlight=llorkier
(also wuju is a martial art)

Lysejack

08-08-2014

Oh, quick rant: Muay taih is a fist fight, sumo is defense, judo is throws, karate is feet.
Yasou's alternating sword strokes are real and useful, unlike the European and Norse counter part; Asian and Egyptian sword masters used more of what is known as fencing. I recently did a no armor bushido duel with my friend from Korea,and we used metal training swords. So we actually did things like alternating sword strokes. And honestly -_-;; check your facts about the martial arts before whining about champions. Call an expert if you need to.