Can't download client; "Error reading configuration file"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Togedude

01-25-2011

The title says it all. I'm downloading the LoL launcher through this site, but when I run the .exe file, I get the following message:

"Error reading configuration file.
Make sure the following URL is not blocked in your system:
http://cdn.pandonetworks.com/pando/pmb

Please contact us at downloader@pandonetworks.com for further assistance."

I tried contacting them at that e-mail address, but never got a reply.

This is a new computer, so I have no security software to speak of. No routers, no firewalls, nothing. Any idea what's going wrong?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Hi Togedude,

Can you uninstall Pando from add/remove programs, then try installing from here:

http://cdn.pandonetworks.com/pando/pmb/PMBInst.exe

Then redownload the League of Legends downloader, and try again. Thanks!

Togedude

01-26-2011

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't have Pando listed in my programs, and that link also isn't working for me.

The weird thing is that this same issue has happened on three separate computers using three separate connections (not even in the same state). I'd appreciate any more help you could provide.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

What do you mean by the link isn't working?

Togedude

01-26-2011

For whatever reason, the link you sent just leads me to an "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to cdn.pandonetworks.com" message. Any other suggestions?

Eambo

01-26-2011

Hm. It sounds like something is blocking your connection to Pando.
Can you try the same link in Internet Explorer please?

Togedude

01-26-2011

Nope, doesn't work from there either. Oddly enough, I was able to download the .exe on my netbook, using the same connection (unfortunately, I have no transfer media with which I could transport it from one to the other). Seeing as how I don't have any security software nor a firewall, can you think of anything that might be causing this?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-26-2011

Could be your download settings in both IE and Chrome,

Most new computers, unless you built it yourself come with a trial version of antivirus, depending on the software it may be flagging it as a dangerous download for some reason.

Windows firewall is generally on by default, usually it should block something like that or at least would give you a warning, but that's also a possibility.

Togedude

01-26-2011

Nope, this was built at a custom shop. No trials or anything to be found.

Also, I tried disabling Windows Firewall, but to no avail. I don't understand why it isn't connecting to this specific site, but it just refuses to. =/

Togedude

01-26-2011

I think I see the problem now. Some new version of Pando must be blocked through our college's connection. None of my friends are able to start the launcher up either, even though they installed the game a while ago using our connection.

Guess there's nothing that can be done. Thanks anyway, though.