Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Azubu Crystal Cup - player recordkeeping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Wolf

07-28-2014

Quote:
FRlG OFF BARB:
Also, fancy / hipeoples (looking at you mostly fancy) you screwed up our team name on the overlay. "Kill Dom" isn't even a team in this tourney. My team name is "Dom Isn't Dead, Dom Left Yesterday" or DIDDLY for short.

Noted when I went back and watched it. Sorry <3

Quote:
Behold the Void:

For one, how do you expect more people to attain this level if you refuse to share the knowledge of those that came before?

As for people attaining a higher level in Dominion... When I first came to Dominion this is the only guide I had to go by http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2244698 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2244698) Granted many of the images are busted now. But I spent many hours reading reviewing and executing many of the things in that mile long wall of text and pictures. Deep intricate knowledge of the game mode is incredibly hard to teach. Sure small things like, hitting the lane minions so they stack up and neut a point while your fighting in the jungle, can be explained and understood with relative ease. But for those looking to find out every small detail the best way to do it is play and study.

If you are totally new to Dominion this would take 4-5 hours a day of hard study and playing the game. Most people cant devote that much time per day let alone 5 hours on a single day. We made Koravel's guide with new players in mind. Its easy, has the basics, and is not an overwhelming amount of information. How far that new player is willing to go with that information is totally up to them, if they put in the time and effort then they can eventually become a "High Elo" player and top tourney player. The basic information is there, how one interprets it and expands their knowledge is totally up to them.

Also I am totally OK with people who are not top level casting tournaments. League at its core is split into 2 very important skills, Knowledge and Mechanics. My good friend Namkim is not the most technical player in the world, he knows this and we joke about it all the time. However back when he was able to watch DD tournaments and LCS with me, we could spend hours talking about those tiny details regarding why a team lost what they did wrong and most of the time, he was correct. He would even bring up points that made me think a bit about my knowledge on the mode itself because he has that analytical ability and understanding of the game, he simply cannot execute it himself.

For anyone looking to be a caster for a Dominion tournament the biggest advice I could give to them would be study study study study study, and ask questions. Your speaking will improve as you cast more and find your style but having little to no knowledge on something very important (as you brought up with botlane) to the game mode is a nail in the commentating coffin. You dont need the highest level of knowledge either, you just need to make sure you dont panic and start throwing out random things like "Rammus is an incredibly strong pick on Dominion, he can backcap incredibly well and builds full movespeed.". As long as new casters are willing to study and understand the game, they dont HAVE to be good at it.

Quote:
Behold the Void:

not even acknowledge this request.

I do apologize for this aswell. I was pretty drunk when I wrote up all of my previous posts and was focusing on the more player aspects of it and trying to give insight into some of the reasoning. I cant speak for what AZB wants to do going forward as I said Im just the caster, and from our history, stats have been compiled from the community themselves. So Im glad Gand stopped by to help you with that.

and sorry if you got frustrated with the posts, Im trying to do my best to answer the questions and address the points without MASSIVE walls. Im going to grab some breakfast then I will get into the champion concern.

Fancy Wolf

07-28-2014

Quote:
Behold the Void:
OK, so I really need to ask, who is this for?

This I can answer before I go however. AZB is a big tournament in the sense that there is actual cash on the line. In a way, You can think of AZB as the big leagues where everyone is going to come out in full force to get that prize money. Its like that in any competitive scene. You will have smaller tournaments will smaller payouts or fun prizes that are a great way for new teams to break into the scene and practice. Then you have your major events like MLG, Dreamhack, EVO, where everyone goes to prove they are the best.

Can you consider AZB as the top 50 players show up and rock? Yeah. Does that mean other teams cant sign up and give it their best shot? Of course not. The best way to learn and grow as a team is just to play in tournaments, and keep playing.

From my personal standpoint and opinion right now, I would say ManMaan's tournament is perfect for newcomers to test the waters and see how they match up, the bracket isn't limited and there will be more new teams than strong teams. I would like to see the tourney go to a double elimination so new teams can get more time to play in the tourney but thats up to the TO. On the flip side of that AZB is the "Finals" so to speak. Limited bracket and big payout. Could the bracket and tournament as a whole grow to be more accommodating? Yes. Unfortunately our population is way too small to do that yet and we didn't even fill the 8 man bracket this last week (although I contribute the 3 days notice to that).

Behold the Void

07-29-2014

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
Also I am totally OK with people who are not top level casting tournaments. League at its core is split into 2 very important skills, Knowledge and Mechanics. My good friend Namkim is not the most technical player in the world, he knows this and we joke about it all the time. However back when he was able to watch DD tournaments and LCS with me, we could spend hours talking about those tiny details regarding why a team lost what they did wrong and most of the time, he was correct. He would even bring up points that made me think a bit about my knowledge on the mode itself because he has that analytical ability and understanding of the game, he simply cannot execute it himself.

Thank you, this right here made my day. That's been the major source of frustrating since I want to help but I don't honestly have the time to grind my skill level up, but I might be able to do stuff like this. Apologies for getting frustrated but sometimes it feels like things you say aren't sticking. I appreciate the time you took, and you too as well Gandair, I'd definitely like to help get the information compiled because I do think it's good to have and I do think we can make something of it.

Ultimately, what I'd love to see happen (and could probably kick some money into if nothing else) is a companion site that can house a lot of this knowledge and be a place for Dominion players to do things like submit builds for community critique. I remember when I was first really getting into Dominion finding builds was very difficult, these days I just make up stupid **** and it works/doesn't work but having some kind of Dominion-focused community site would be awesome.