Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked AFK's... A big problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miniburner

07-26-2014

I've noticed in my many years of playing League of Legends that AFK's pose a severe problem to gameplay. Most teams, even the greatest, cannot win a match out numbered without getting very lucky. This is especially true in Ranked matches. I am a Bronze 5, and will never rise out of Bronze because during many of the series's i reach, i get multiple AFK's and get resulting losses. Recently i have been in 9 series's, and of those, 8 had at least 1 AFK. And what does riot do? Drop my LP even further, putting me deeper into Bronze with people who just dont take thing seriously. Many others have this problem too. Riot needs to figure out a way to make it so that a team is not repeatly screwed by AFK's in Ranked gameplay, possibly by either:

A- When a team in ranked loses due to an AFK who has been AFK for more than 5 minutes, only the AFK takes an LP deduction, or

B- When a player on a team goes AFK, the rest of the team gets major buffs, such as (possibly) 20% incresed gold (kill/assist/creep/objective/passive), increased armor and magic resist by 50, and 20% increased health and mana/energy

AFK's are a real problem, and it is a problem that needs to be solved. An AFK right now is like cancer, once you have it there is almost no saving you. Please riot, everyone, help.

xXBig BullyXx

07-26-2014

A) Bro afk or all us will report you.

B) Hey since our apc is 16/0 and our support is 0/50, our support should just afk and give us the buffs we need to win. Our support can reconnect when the enemy team loses all their inhibs.

Jonah Hill

07-26-2014

Wouldn't work people would abuse it.
Also not trying to be a dick, but if you spent years in bronze 5 have you stopped to think that maybe that is where you belong? I have not looked at your lolking or anything just going off what you said.

~~~Jonah Hill

blacknerdtaku

07-26-2014

listen bro, im in B5 and i agree there needs to be something done about them pesky AFK-ers but at the same time its not always their fault.

regardless the issue in your solutions is that they directly benefit the summoners which is abusable and broken.

my best solution to the problem would be slightly buffed health on turrets, and inhibitors as well as a buff in their overall damage, but nothing that buffs YOU. (basically just make your objectives slightly harder to take) it would let u stall for time while your afk comes back or let you be able to turtle more, so when they bunch in your base, you stand more of a chance.

- on a side note, you've been in B5 for years? Ive been playing leauge since december and now im on the same level as some silvers, in terms of overall skill 9which isntmuch better than bronze according to my friends).... have you tried carrying yourself? i mean if youre bronze for that long chances are you deserve it.