Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

07-26-2014

Really? I win almost every game I play Shaco in dominion. I was going to make a thread about how completely unfair he is with his back capping. It's not just the stealth, it's the slow and the boxes. You just put a box where you're going to flee to or where you think someone will come in to try and stop you from capping and then do a little dance in the alcove. Placing boxes so if they do try to enter you can harass with shivs and escape with boxes without using your flash to escape.

Sometimes the enemy doesn't respect you and tries to recap a tower you back capped and take a ton of damage due to walking into a box + turret + shiv. I've gotten more double kills like that than I can count.

I can see how the reveal item is good and all. But after the first reveal, I would just use it as a flash to simply run away from you, rather than walk through you and be deceptive in that sense.

I feel he's a god of wasting time and being annoying. You almost never want to fight with the team as shaco because you're just going to do negative damage and die anyway, unless they have no aoe and turret dive you onto a box.

I help take the first point, but then I'm just going to back cap for the rest of the game and waste at least one enemy's time. Or even better. You dick around on the top enemy side, then sneak down to the bot tower and back cap there while you have an enemy guarding a tower you're not at anymore.

Fancy Wolf

07-27-2014

Quote:
Sonnington:
Really? I win almost every game I play Shaco in dominion.

Pray your MMR stays low friend.

SylianEUW

07-27-2014

Shaco is not as bad as people think. He's not that good either, but he can do a decent amount of damage with his E, he's incredibly hard to catch due to his Q and W, and his R explosion does reasonable amounts of damage once he has some AP. He can backcap quite well.

With that being said, he's not exactly good. He's usable, although I generally prefer having someone else on my team, since he's not that fun to play with. What can I say, I like teamfights, and with a Shaco on my team teamfights might not go in our favor.

Rachael Passive

07-27-2014

I don't think shaco is that bad, but he is lackluster, you either have to poot or you have to try and catch people out and not team fight.

Naethyn

07-27-2014

Shaco has everything needed to be a viable champion in dom. A blink, stealth, fear traps, and good damage. When I first started playing Teemo I'd would level E first trying to get as much CDR as possible. That is the opposite of what I do now which is Q first and as little CDR as possible. Shaco could be played the same way. Time and time again I'll see Shaco's not placing boxes in the bush. Not everyone realizes that sweepers do not detect traps if the trap is located in a bush that the player is not also in the bush. I go as far as to put my traps on the very corner of bushes to ensure a 50% hit rate if they choose the wrong side.

Shaco is effective if you don't get caught, level Q first, go for as much AP and magic pen as possible. Any champion with a speed boost/blink/teleport can be a good back capper. Dedicated back capers always lose in games I play.

MonsterSS4

07-27-2014

Quote:
Naethyn:
Shaco has everything needed to be a viable champion in dom. A blink, stealth, fear traps, and good damage. When I first started playing Teemo I'd would level E first trying to get as much CDR as possible. That is the opposite of what I do now which is Q first and as little CDR as possible. Shaco could be played the same way. Time and time again I'll see Shaco's not placing boxes in the bush. Not everyone realizes that sweepers do not detect traps if the trap is located in a bush that the player is not also in the bush. I go as far as to put my traps on the very corner of bushes to ensure a 50% hit rate if they choose the wrong side.

Shaco is effective if you don't get caught, level Q first, go for as much AP and magic pen as possible. Any champion with a speed boost/blink/teleport can be a good back capper. Dedicated back capers always lose in games I play.

max q on ap shaco, no, just no

HaIfhearted

07-27-2014

I can only hope that Naethyn assumed Q was Shiv due to his having no experience on any champion besides captain ****rat.

It's a fair assumption that anyone who doesn't know Shacos kit could make.

Naethyn

07-28-2014

yes