IP Sales on Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoRiLLaH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2011

Ever gonna happen? Something like 25% off the weekly rotation, champs with skins sales, or anything at all?

Kinda tough to catch 'em all when all the new champs are 4800 IP +.

zzzc

01-26-2011

whos gonna need it when you have all champs and runes unlocked and a 30k ip sitting there with no where to spend them on.

pvtpain66k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

lol, no.
Never gonna happen.

McRooster

Recruiter

01-26-2011

How does Riot make money that way?

MalHeartsNutmeg

01-26-2011

Don't they reduce the IP cost when the have a sale on the champion + all it's skins? Like with Pantheon recently? Or was that just RP?

Behanglul

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtpain66k View Post
lol, no.
Never gonna happen.
Quote:
rom Tuesday, December 7th, through Friday, December 10th, champion Pantheon, Myrmidon Pantheon, Ruthless Pantheon, and Perseus Pantheon skins will all be 50% off.

Round off your Pantheon collection by purchasing items individually, or purchase the entire Pantheon set in a limited Pantheon Collection bundle, also 50% off!

Pantheon champion (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP!
Myrmidon Pantheon skin (regularly 520 RP) will be only 260 RP!
Ruthless Pantheon skin (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP!
Perseus Pantheon skin (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP!
Pantheon Collection bundle (worth 3445 RP) will be only 1721 RP!

After Friday, December 10th, Pantheon and his skins will return to their regular prices. Visit the Store to purchase these discounted items!
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=375226

Oh look, it did happen once.

GTFO

Recruiter

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behanglul View Post
OP is talking about an IP sale, not RP. I see no mention of Pantheon being sold at a different IP value.

Behanglul

01-26-2011

IP sale, lol. k.

*Crawls back*.

Screamo

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzc View Post
whos gonna need it when you have all champs and runes unlocked and a 30k ip sitting there with no where to spend them on.
I've been playing this game on this same account since closed beta and don't have even half the champions unlocked and only one full rune page. I honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or how many hours a day you spend playing this game.

fruitie

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamo View Post
I've been playing this game on this same account since closed beta and don't have even half the champions unlocked and only one full rune page. I honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or how many hours a day you spend playing this game.
he coud have bought some of the champs. it is possible but it takes soooo much grinding i got them all (and an ok amount of runes) with buying the collectors edition as has my friend but he bought some champs with rp too. It took 1k wins and just less than that in losses.

Anyway ip sales would be nice, and/or another ip weekend, i think they need something after all of the expensive champs and they announce 3150 as a cheap champ price for the next one coming out, tho i was kinda under the impression at first they were wanted to release one cheaper then figured the champ would be more suited for them at 3150. ofc if they did they shouldnt release the new champs on sale when theyre on teh free rotation 2 weeks later, thatll be too soon and could cost them a decent amount of sales.