Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Gold Advantage is closer than expected

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naethyn

07-26-2014

The new match history has some in depth statistics I enjoy looking at after each game. One thing that surprised me is how close Team Gold Advantage is every game. I have not seen a game where one team has finished with more 3k or more gold than the other team. Usually it is under 1k gold difference. This surprised me as I would have guessed the gap to be much further in games where the other team has double or more kills.

Adori Vita Vis

07-26-2014

the most ive had is a 6k advantage because our bot had like 150 cs over their bot's 50 or whatever in a once a month 30 minute game, nobody actively kills creeps except for bot lane and kills arent worth jack, in addition to the lack of global objectives it makes for a much more even game

it just means dominion has a higher focus on level and positioning rather than gold advantage

Penteano

07-26-2014

And this is a good thing.

Naethyn

07-26-2014

Most of my games are finished before 11 minutes or they go for 19+. Playing Teemo and building Liandry's I have a much higher win percentage and damage to champion ratio in the games that last longer. Before having this data I overvalued how much kills contributed to a team's success. Obviously some champions are stronger at the start and some are stronger at the end, but this may be far more important in dominion which could also explain how often I see a comeback in this mode.

Mirkwoodia

Recruiter

07-26-2014

Snowballing is more of a result of XP and lvl differences