Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungler main HELP PLEASE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rhoona

07-25-2014

Hello, I would like to think of my self as a pretty decent league player who mains the jungle...but I’m having some issues I would love some advice/info on...

My 3 main junglers are vi,wukong, amumu. When im jungling I feel I do very solid in the first 5 minutes, after getting buffs I am usury successful on my first gank attempts and such. My mind set as the jungler goes to see what are the lane match ups and which is easier to gank. I am starting to camp certain lanes that are just easy to gank .. example if there is a yasuo top I will almost always re gank over and over since its so easy... But heres the issue after the first few minutes I feel I fall off even if im ahead with kills. I rush either the ap/ad jungler items first always, than if im ahead i build one more dmg item, (brutalizer or sheen usarly. I may also start to build armor usarly or mr if i need to be the main tank.. But heres the issue at this point i feel i fall off . Im not longer able to win most 1v1s i feel. If i build tank im not even very tank at this point either and i start to die...at this point i start to loose my leads or it normals out =S This also causes my to gank alot less since i feel i am aliability and cant offer as much over whelming help as before..

tl:dr...do great early on than fall off and burn and esp in group fight stage

PonderousSeaLion

07-25-2014

You're probably overganking. Make sure you always farm. ALWAYS... FARM...

InsertCleverNckn

07-26-2014

Amumu is a very poor duelist.

Senju Tobirama

07-26-2014

You can overgank, PonderousSeaLion, and still be close to even in level with a mass farmer like phoenix udyr. Vi and wukong are really gank efficient at lvl 6. Early in game if you can on them attempt a mid or top gank. If your focusing your build on damage, be sure that the first 6 min of the game will be focused for your bruiser most likely top. If you have to build tanky because by example your top is a fiora then your first 6 min of the game need to be focused mid. After your second buff roation at 7:10-8:00. You want to have some ward and be ready for a bot gank, On any jungler at this point of the game after your second buff rotation you are lvl 6 or 7, so you gank bot with that ult vi/wukong, then you set up your vision at dragon and take it at around 8:30-9:30 in game. After that since dragon is down and you just gave a gank to your bot lane, you wanna give some precious time to your top laner BECAUSE DRAGON IS DOWN. So try to gave him at least 1 good gank while that dragon is down. Then keep on going on top gank if you are building damage, if not gank mid and bot, at 4-4:30 min after that first dragon you wanna set up an other gank bot for that dragon be sure you have some ward for it because you can't trust your support to ward properly, even at 14:30-15:30 in game.

Also after the first dragon 8:30-9:30 w/e your gank is successful try to make sure you take a turet down because at this point a successful gank = a free tower most of the time.

When the 3 outer turet are down, be sure to focus on bot lane because you want the inner bot down before the mid or top inner down when you jungle, because a lot of pressure on bot lane = more baron control. An inib down on bot lane = free baron control, because the moment they send one to shove that bot lane unless it's someone with tp you have a free baron and you need to take it.

Sir Bulldog

07-26-2014

As a jungler you SHOULD NOT camp a lane. Your other lanes need help as well. Also, as PonderousSeaLion said, make sure you farm. If you gank a lane and don't get a kill or assist out of it, then it was kind of a wasted gank. You could have spent that time ganking another lane or farming.

xXBig BullyXx

07-26-2014

Quote:
Sir Bulldog:
As a jungler you SHOULD NOT camp a lane. Your other lanes need help as well. Also, as PonderousSeaLion said, make sure you farm. If you gank a lane and don't get a kill or assist out of it, then it was kind of a wasted gank. You could have spent that time ganking another lane or farming.

I would disagree with the first thing you said. Camping a lane can be highly effective. You can easily shut down one of the enemy carries but ganking them twice in a row. It isn't a junger's job to try to gank every lane but it is their job to have an overall positive impact for your team while in laning phase. If you watch trick2g. He camps a lot solely on the fact that he knows that shutting the one enemy carry down increases their chances on winning instead of helping a bot lane that can't produce enough damage to make the gank a success.